License Plate

Sauschneida

License Plate

#1 Post by Sauschneida » 29 Nov 2017 19:24

Good evening!

I have a question about 3d-modeling and these things. Could anybody explain to me how it would be possible to create a own license plate like an acessory at the truck where I can change the texture easily? I hop you understand what I mean!

Greetings!
L-M.CZE

Re: License Plate

#2 Post by L-M.CZE » 30 Nov 2017 10:17

I do it that I have mine in-game profile connected with World of Trucks online and in WOT profile you can change license plate and it is also transferred from the website do game into that profile which is connected with that World of Trucks profile. I know that it is not the exact answer to your question, but maybe it will help you and maybe it is easier :)
Cyrus Ramsey

#3 Post by Cyrus Ramsey » 02 Dec 2017 08:00

Sauschneida wrote: 29 Nov 2017 19:24to create a own license plate
If you just want the custom plate for yourself you could as well simply edit it to your liking in the savegame file using this: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=245874

Cheers

C.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#4 Post by Wolfi » 02 Dec 2017 08:27

The only option of having custom license plate model on your truck is to either modify the whole truck model, or to add it as an existing tuning part. (For example via bottom bar slot)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Sauschneida

#5 Post by Sauschneida » 02 Dec 2017 21:30

Good evening Wolfi!

My idea was to create it via tuning slot. But I don‘t have any idea how to this!
Maybe you could help!

Greetings!
Sauschneida

#6 Post by Sauschneida » 17 Dec 2017 11:02

Hello!

Is there anybody who could still help with this project because I'm very unhappy with the default one's.
Would be great if someone could explain me how this works because I don't have any 3d skills by now!

Best, Josef!
Elmer BeFuddled

#7 Post by Elmer BeFuddled » 17 Dec 2017 12:30

What is it you are aiming for? A new look number plate for your trucks? Or your own personal numbers/letters?
I'm writing a book on plagiarism. It wasn't my idea.
Nothing is foolproof to the talented fool.

EBF ETS2 Satellite Map For ProMods, RusMap etc..
ETS2 v1.18.x Satellite Map Background
Road Atlas Map Backgrounds
R3AP3R

#8 Post by R3AP3R » 17 Dec 2017 14:24

It's something I want to learn too since I can't stand the default SCS plates and I feel horrible having to ask someone if they can do it for me. I've just learned how to import the truck into Blender (sort of), but that's about all.

I don't want to create my own plate, I'll just take one from a mod and slap it on the bumper...but I have no idea how...
Elmer BeFuddled

#9 Post by Elmer BeFuddled » 18 Dec 2017 00:02

Its nothing to do with 3D modelling. The number plate is a simple (?) *.dds image or two. You just need to make your own mod with the number plate of your choice for the country of your choice, or edit a number plate in, for example, Photoshop.
Then if you want to personalise it, a reasonably simple edit of your profiles latest autosave file will give you a totally personalised plate that will stick for the rest of the game (unless you move your truck to a garage in another country, but then you just edit the autosave again)

Here's mine for example. St. Georges cross instead of the euro flag symbol and a personalised number:

[ external image ]
I'm writing a book on plagiarism. It wasn't my idea.
Nothing is foolproof to the talented fool.

EBF ETS2 Satellite Map For ProMods, RusMap etc..
ETS2 v1.18.x Satellite Map Background
Road Atlas Map Backgrounds
FreD_

#10 Post by FreD_ » 30 Dec 2017 00:34

Its not as hard as you Think. Import the Front Bumper of your truck Add the Plate move the SCS Plate backwards and Export it. Or you make a Plate Holder and a Slot for it and create an own Addon hookup.
You can look in Another hookup to see how it works.

Return to “Help center - player to player”