Warning! Some achievements might be affected with Mods

Rhythmosaur

Re: Warning! Some achievements might be affected with Mods

#11 Post by Rhythmosaur » 25 Jun 2017 17:31

The possibility to really cheat seems to be there. When I was in the midst of getting the 1000t in a week achievement, I was kinda frustrated with the comparatively low revenue for heavy cargo, especially when it was not classed as "Valuable", like the 55t concrete slabs. Some standard vanilla cargo actually gives you more revenue than one of these, but still you burn more fuel, you drive slower and you need expensive equipment (technically you can do without, but realistically speaking). So I went and made all of them valuables and upped their price coefficient by 0.25. I use harder economy settings, so I really needed that extra money.

While doing this, the thought crossed through my mind that I might also alter the weight, just to get done faster. I haven't tried; there is at least a small chance that WOTR looks for it or defines the weight, besides I don't cheat, but the capacity might be there. You could possibly beef up the weight of any WOTR cargo, unless the actual weight comes with the WOTR offer.

If an idiot like myself can almost do it by accident, how much more could a real modder affect achievements, if he or she wanted to?
Hire Kriechbaum!, please!
Amazombie

#12 Post by Amazombie » 05 Sep 2017 05:08

Tumbles wrote: 02 Sep 2015 12:00 I wanted to reset achievements and found out the following (just in case you want to start from fresh).
On the Steam screen right click on the ETS2 name and a window will pop up with 'Properties" at the bottom.
In the properties dropdown there is a "Set Launch Options" selection. this will open a window that allows you to type in.
Enter "-resetstats" and restart the game from scratch.

Don't forget to delete the -resetstats after launching the game or it will reset every time you open a new session.
Just a note. I tried this, because i had 25/30 cargo types, hoping that it would reset all my stats. It does not. It reset some like, use a gas station etc, but not the rest. just an fyi
ArikTheBuilder

#13 Post by ArikTheBuilder » 20 Oct 2019 12:08

@SiSL if I have a mod that adds to cities in France, will it affect the Bon Voyage achivement in case I didn't achieve it yet?
ERN developer.

Return to “Help center - player to player”