High Quality Screenshots in Screenshot-Folder

BK Vissers

Re: High Quality Screenshots in Screenshot-Folder

#51 Post by BK Vissers » 03 Dec 2016 21:13

I've spent quite a bit of time playing with the console today. I found out something that I am not sure was mentioned elsewhere so I'll post it here:

Console settings are persistent, meaning if you issue a command like the ones in the posts above and leave the game, it will be there after you leave the game and return. However these in-game commands are stored in the config.cfg file so you can reverse them easily in the file when you exit the game, if you forget to do so in game. Also it makes it easy to check what the settings are before play.

For example, I set scaling using the g_HQ_3d_Scale "2.0" command using the console.

When I exited the game, I loaded config.cfg, and behold, what once said

g_HQ_3d_Scale "0.0" in the .cfg file now had "2.0"

When I went back in the game, set it to 0.0 and exited and loaded the cfg file, the value was changed to 0.0.

Perhaps this was totally obvious, but to me it was really a great way to not have to worry about remembering what commands I issue as I can always check the file for the last settings.
Cadde

#52 Post by Cadde » 03 Dec 2016 22:33

cvars (config variables) such as g_*, c_*, r_* etc etc are all stored in config files.
cmds (commands) such as exit, edit, warp, goto etc etc are not stored anywhere because they are commands.

There is no cvar for warp. It's an engine (memory only) state. It's local to the session of the game. Once the game exits, it's lost.

It is possible to set up a mod to run certain commands on game launch. Altering the "autoexec.cfg" file in the root directory of the game extracts and storing that in a mod folder or zip archive would execute all commands within.

/autoexec.cfg

Code: Select all

exec /home/config.cfg
As you can see, it's running the "exec" console command which executes each line from another file, namely the config.cfg file in "%HOMEPATH%\My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\".
Not to be confused with the same named config.cfg file that exists in your profile folder under the same ETS 2 home directory...

Either way, "uset" is just another console command. It's most likely an abbreviation of "user set" and is used whenever there's something to set that isn't supposed to be written to config.
That is, if the config.cfg executes and doesn't use "uset" then it would rewrite itself WHILE executing which would be bad. But i don't know for sure about this.

Essentially, i think the game cleans itself (the config file) if any non-commented line doesn't start with "uset" for this very reason. This includes use of "warp" etc.

So basically, if you want to start the game with a specific warp command issued. You would edit that autoexec.cfg file as such...

Code: Select all

exec /home/config.cfg
warp 0.8
Hope this sheds some light on your recent discussions.
On extended hiatus.
BK Vissers

#53 Post by BK Vissers » 03 Dec 2016 23:58

Thanks, Cadde. It is helpful indeed, so I appreciate you taking the time to explain things. Sometimes I'm amazed at how much isn't elaborated in official documentation, or even supplemental PDFs, etc. So much to learn! :)
jules.raton

#54 Post by jules.raton » 20 Dec 2016 18:32

Very useful topic! Will try this ASAP :)
Airbus05

#55 Post by Airbus05 » 07 Jan 2017 20:29

Is it possible, that the set FXAA in Nvidia Control Panel does not affect the hq_screenshot at all?
I did a comparison shot @400% scaling with g_hq_3d_scale 3 with and without FXAA and there was no difference. Yet in-game it seems to be working, which is kind of strange.
Cheers - Airbus05
Thanks to SCS Software and their community - you make ETS2 / ATS what it is!
Cadde

#56 Post by Cadde » 07 Jan 2017 23:00

FXAA is a post processing effect. The game takes screenshots BEFORE this post processing effect is made. Or rather, the game does not "see" what you see on your screen when using SweetFX, Nvidia inspector or likewise.
On extended hiatus.
DaStig

#57 Post by DaStig » 18 Nov 2017 09:42

Just a quick question ... looks like this is not working anymore in v1.30 beta ... :roll: ... is it because of the beta phase of the game, has it been removed from the game, or ... is it just me doing something wrong ?

I got it setup in the config like this ...

uset g_hq_3d_scale "1.0"
uset g_hq_3d_screenshot "1"
Member of GTM Team | ETS2 Screenshots | ATS Screenshots | Flickr | Facebook
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 | MSI B450M Mortar | GTX 1070Ti 8GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM | 3x SSD Samsung 850 Pro 250GB | Dell UtraSharp 27" U2719D

[ external image ]
smyro

#58 Post by smyro » 18 Nov 2017 09:50

It's not working for me neither
Dave303

#59 Post by Dave303 » 18 Nov 2017 11:20

I was about to ask the same question, i'm also having the option activated in the config file but I can't make High Quality screenshots in the game. Also on 1.30 beta. :?
jaws

#60 Post by jaws » 19 Nov 2017 07:01

@DaStig, I like to know this too.
8-) I am Always on latest patch.
Forum TUT! SCS Support->-> support@scssoft.com
I dont use mods....(Or maybe i will soon again..)

Return to “Help center - player to player”