Remove objects from game

Grimples

Remove objects from game

#1 Post by Grimples » 15 Jul 2017 21:40

I have asked a few questions that have not even been replied to, see what happens with this question.

Is it possible to create an invisible object without using any gfx program, like editing one of the objects files to remove it from game. Objects i would like to remove are the harvesters in the fields, hay bales & the cattle because my gametime is winter. In Grimes' Frosty mod he has removed the Eagles by replacing the .dds file (this file will now be permanantly in use as those bl00dy birds were irritating), i dont understand .dds files, what would i need to do, i have GIMP but it's quite confusing for me to comprehend.

I patiently await :D

(edit)
Got rid of the harvesters using the invisible eagles files.
IonutL

Re: Remove objects from game

#2 Post by IonutL » 16 Jul 2017 09:08

Zero knowledge about .dds files, but it will work if you make a blank one and change its name to the one that the game currently uses for those objects?
Grimples

#3 Post by Grimples » 16 Jul 2017 09:53

I dont know how to make a blank .dds file. I tried using the eagles.dds from Grimes' mod but it does not work, i also tried removing layers & a few other things in GIMP but they did not work either.
m1keY

#4 Post by m1keY » 16 Jul 2017 10:53

isn't it easier to disable them thru the mover.sii :?:

just like one does with trailers :)
haven't tried it but in mover.sii there are eagles, cows,chickens, horses and theharvester... not the haybales as they are not moving obvioulsy :P

Code: Select all

#mover_model : mover.cows {
#	 mover_name: "cows"
#	 model_desc: "/model/mover/animal/cows.pmd"
#	 model_anim: "/model/mover/animal/cow_idle.pma"	
#}}
if using mapmods they probably needs some editing aswell
Reef

#5 Post by Reef » 16 Jul 2017 11:05

Just do what I did with my No More Haystacks mod, I renamed the Hay stack model to the Hay bale model in the model.sii

just rename the model to something small that you're then not going to see anymore.
Grimples

#6 Post by Grimples » 16 Jul 2017 16:29

@m1key. Already tried that, the shape of the hayroll is still there but with no colour.
@Reef. I tried that earlier, cannot find anything small enough with a .pma extension

Return to “Help center - player to player”