SCSArchiver

Minus

SCSArchiver

#1 Post by Minus » 24 Nov 2017 16:59

SCSArchiver - tool to extract and create SCS archives
SCSArchiver is a new tool designed to allow people create their own archives in SCS format and extract them.

Usage
You need to have Visual C++ Redistributable 2019. Old version (pre 0.2) is console only and wasn't too clear to use. Version from 0.2 forward have completely new UI designed.
This new UI should allow people to make archives and extract them without any problems.

IMPORTANT: Even if program ends up extracting without any error or message for you some files might still be missing. In that case please refer to directory.lst file for further information.
IMPORTANT: Since game version 1.48 there is new structure of mods available that is only usable in zip file format. Please use normal tools like 7-zip or WinRAR to pack mods using new structure!

[ external image ]

There are some options available for you in this version.

Extract options:
  • Search for root entry in archive - this option will tell program to search for original root entry of archive
  • Prevent extraction of not supported archive types is there to check if archive we try to extract is in fact SCS archive
Packing options:
  • Remove root entry - simple lock that is used for original SCS Extractor tool. SCSArchiver is able to still extract archives locked with that method
  • Strip directory data - real lock of archive, which is not available in current version. Currently no tool can extract such locked archive with proper file names
  • Use compression - SCS archives are compressed, so by selecting this option you'll get compressed files.
  • Additionally there's don't compress desc files option which is to prevent compressing desc files from maps since these are so small there's no point in compressing them
UI version is simply used by clicking three dot buttons to select file and folder and then clicking Extract or Pack button.
Each operation can be cancelled. In some cases packing might occur to be stuck, but wait for some time, it is possible it is procesing quite big file and might need more time to update progress.
UI version does not support commandline extracting or packing.

Below is original usage for old versions which were console only.

Command:

Code: Select all

SCSArchiver filename
As you can see it needs only filename (it can be anything, but most likely something like base.scs, locale.scs, core,scs etc.) It will create directory "out" in place where exe is placed. In that directory you're going to find anything that program extracted from archive. If you can find anything missing just add directory name eg. if you are missing file "/Model/bus/some_model.pmg" you need to add "Model" in directory.lst (note that you need to remove first "/" character and DO NOT include rest of the path).

Basic directories
Here I give you some basic directories from all game archives. If you can't extract some files you need to update directory.lst files with these:

Code: Select all

automat
contentbrowser
custom
def
dlc
effect
font
locale
map
material
model
model2
panorama
prefab
prefab2
road_template
sound
system
ui
uilab
unit
vehicle
video
In versions from 0.2 forward directory.lst file is treated as additional directories not included in program code. I'll try to update it whenever new directories are added ingame, but that's option if I miss something, you can always use that to make sure you get all files.

Download
CURRENT VERSION: SCS_Archiver_0.2.zip - 3.5 MB
OLD VERSION: SCSArchiver 0.1.2_R1

Redistributables
Program needs Microsoft Visual C++ refistributable 2015-2022. For your conveniece below you can find links both to 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
32 bit: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x86.exe
64 bit: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe
For best results please install both. Next updates will clarify which one exactly is needed.

Legal
You can use that tool to anything you want - if you created anything with it just mention me as author of this tool and link to this post for anyone who will want to use it in future.
Also please note that this tool in intended only to give you access to all files created by SCS Software
Please honor all rights that belong to authors of any files extracted with this tools, do not use them without their knowledge.
I allow sending this to other forums, please mention author and link to this thread. Reuploading of program is DISALLOWED, I will update link every time it is damaged or unactive.
Last edited by Minus on 27 Jul 2023 21:04, edited 9 times in total.
ErnestoVic

Re: SCSArchiver

#2 Post by ErnestoVic » 24 Feb 2018 03:05

how repack locale.scs??? please
Minus

#3 Post by Minus » 26 Feb 2018 23:10

I'm currently working on this. At the moment it's not possible. scs archives (original ones) have digital signature, so even if you somehow managed to repack files back to SCS# format (that's not a big deal, I don't have much time now, but slowly I'm working on packing archives with this tool) game still won't load them, because signature would not match your new modified file.
Sniper

#4 Post by Sniper » 27 Feb 2018 13:08

I have seen archives without any signature (mods) and the game loaded them.
GitHub: https://github.com/TheLazyTomcat
Programs download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lhz3m1n56ed7 ... 7c3ea?dl=0

If anyone will be contacting me, please be notified that I might not be able to respond for several months. Or at all.
Minus

#5 Post by Minus » 28 Feb 2018 18:38

Yes. Game will load SCS archive without signature, but only when it is mod, not internall game file. Eg. you have promods with SCS# archives and game loads them properly, but I think that when you modify base, def or locale inside game directory it won't load because of signature (this is only theory, still need to rewrite some basic functions in my little "tool" to properly recreate whole SCS# structure). I will add more info as soon as I have time to dig into this some more. ;)
Sniper

#6 Post by Sniper » 01 Mar 2018 11:07

That is true, but changing original game files is not particularly good idea imo.
GitHub: https://github.com/TheLazyTomcat
Programs download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lhz3m1n56ed7 ... 7c3ea?dl=0

If anyone will be contacting me, please be notified that I might not be able to respond for several months. Or at all.
Minus

#7 Post by Minus » 02 Mar 2018 23:09

Yeah, still I just want to see if that's possible, not sure if I even release part with signatures or not. Most likely no, but we'll see ;)
xXCARL1992Xx

#8 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 Mar 2018 18:08

could it be that the program doesnt extract all files, the common.sii is missing mentioned in alle local.sii files
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Minus

#9 Post by Minus » 04 Mar 2018 23:11

I'll check some structures, maybe something missed there, but I'm almost sure that it extracts everything. Still I will check it ;)
knox_xss

#10 Post by knox_xss » 04 Mar 2018 23:18

@Minus: check please one more thing - some mod-archives also with SCS structure the program doesn't extract (with result "no root directory" or something like this). IFAIK, locale.scs also has no root directory, but your program extract it successfully. Thanks.
Long way to Fuji starts with the first step!

Return to “Help center - player to player”