SCSArchiver

Minus

Re: SCSArchiver

#41 Post by Minus » 20 Jan 2021 01:34

0.2 Update is here!

Finally after some really long time I managed to finish this tool enough to release version 0.2!
Main changes:
- New UI with progress bars etc
- Added packing functionality (everybody can now create SCS archives).
- Fixed some errors in extract code, also added missing manifest extraction.

I'm not going to write much about technical stuff in that post. I do hope this tool will be useful for you all.
And if you wonder, no, this tool won't extract all locked archives, cause that wasn't main focus in that version.
Maybe in future it will allow to extract all types of locked SCS archives.
herufeni

#42 Post by herufeni » 23 May 2021 04:26

Minus wrote: 26 Feb 2018 23:10 I'm currently working on this. At the moment it's not possible. scs archives (original ones) have digital signature, so even if you somehow managed to repack files back to SCS# format (that's not a big deal, I don't have much time now, but slowly I'm working on packing archives with this tool) game still won't load them, because signature would not match your new modified file.
nice mate, please show us how to packing the file so it lock and see as damage with this tool
Minus

#43 Post by Minus » 23 May 2021 19:33

I see no reason to tell how to lock archive, so you can protect your archives against this tool.
Ask people who use tools to block archives.
HOWEVER, if many more mods are locked so even this tool cannot open them anymore I am going to focus on creating proper unlock algorithm, which will be able to extract every single file. No matter how blocked archive was. And no, it will be much safer than quickBMS script, which can lead to extracting something that shouldn't be extracted.

I am against locking files. I know how it is, and understand why people lock them, but I am against it. That's all.
This tool allows you to create archive and even lock it against SCS own extractor. But not to prevent this tools from extracting. That's all :)
Tasnikur

#44 Post by Tasnikur » 15 Jul 2021 23:50

bro suddenly I face this problem on SCSArchiver...

it says, "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)".

I spent far too much time for find the problem...
but i'm failed to get the problem...

please help me... it's urgent!!!
Attachments
scs.jpg
Minus

#45 Post by Minus » 16 Jul 2021 15:14

Tasnikur wrote: 15 Jul 2021 23:50 bro suddenly I face this problem on SCSArchiver...

I'm going to check what's going on, can you please specify which windows version you have installed, and do you have Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 installed?
If you confirm this information and still will have issues, I'll try to provide you more information how you can possibly fix this issue. For now I don't know what might be causing that.
CCFAN

#46 Post by CCFAN » 20 Jul 2021 07:38

Thank you so much! Your extractor does help me unpack base.scs since SCS' extractor (this one here: https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... _Extractor) was not able to fully extract base.scs.

I don't know what happened to SCS extractor but it extracted only about 5 GB files from base.scs, which meant there were obviously files missing.

Using your extractor, I just extracted 16 GB files from base. scs. I think that's all of the files, no file missing.

SCS extractor is stupid! Come fix it SCS!
CCFAN

#47 Post by CCFAN » 20 Jul 2021 07:42

Minus wrote: 16 Jul 2021 15:14
Tasnikur wrote: 15 Jul 2021 23:50 bro suddenly I face this problem on SCSArchiver...

I'm going to check what's going on, can you please specify which windows version you have installed, and do you have Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 installed?
If you confirm this information and still will have issues, I'll try to provide you more information how you can possibly fix this issue. For now I don't know what might be causing that.
That's interesting.

Your extractor works well on my PC while I don't have Visual C++ Redistributable 2019. :D I have Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 instead, and .NET Framework 4.8.
Minus

#48 Post by Minus » 21 Jul 2021 22:35

Good to hear that for you my tool is working fine.

Honestly I think it might've been caused by damaged redistributable files. I think that VC Redist 2019 is required, but since 2017 is not really that much different from 2019 it might've worked.
Or you simply missed it and it is installed.
.NET is not used for this tool, so .NET framework is not required at all.

I am working on more interesting features, but not sure when I have them ready, so no information is held, I am tho still supporting this tool, so when you have some errors from my tool I can fix them.
Last edited by Minus on 22 Jul 2021 00:49, edited 1 time in total.
Drive Safely

#49 Post by Drive Safely » 21 Jul 2021 22:53

@Minus
It would be cool to have a feature where you can extract a certain folder only from base.scs to save time and storage space.
I used to use the SXC Extractor for this to get the sound folder only but it doesn't seem to work with the current base.scs.
Minus

#50 Post by Minus » 22 Jul 2021 03:38

Drive Safely wrote: 21 Jul 2021 22:53 @Minus
It would be cool to have a feature where you can extract a certain folder only from base.scs to save time and storage space.
I used to use the SXC Extractor for this to get the sound folder only but it doesn't seem to work with the current base.scs.
I was thinking about adding that for 0.2, but had some issues back then. I am still thinking about that feature tho, so in future it is possible I'll add such possibility.
For now I cannot promise anything tho, it all depends on my free time :)

Return to “Help center - player to player”