SCSArchiver

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: SCSArchiver

#31 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Sep 2018 20:07

well, this tool doesnt work anymore, i can try all i want but the local.scs wont be extracted, the first version did it at least
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Minus

#32 Post by Minus » 19 Sep 2018 10:52

Interesting, I'll check what might be the problem. Thanks for information.

EDIT: Do you have directory.lst file placed in same directory as SCSArchiver.exe? If no create that file (it's just text file with other extension).
In first post I added what should be in this file. Also please copy SCS# archive you want to extract to the same directory as SCSArchiver.exe, all files will be placed in out directory.
locale.scs is beeing properly extracted. Try these things first and please tell me if it's working or not.
xXCARL1992Xx

#33 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 28 Oct 2018 21:44

sorry for the late response,

think im kinda dump :lol: , i tired with draging the .scs into the .exe or just launching the .exe, i tired it with cmd.exe and it worked now
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
xeviax

#34 Post by xeviax » 13 Jun 2019 11:10

Is this project dead or still WIP?
Minus

#35 Post by Minus » 03 Jul 2019 06:48

I had a "little" break lately so it was "dead".

Right now I need to redesign few things and make it easier to use.
So it's not dead yet. And hopefully I'll have time to make some new functions available to everyone :)
knox_xss

#36 Post by knox_xss » 03 Jul 2019 07:03

Good news, Minus. Thanks! ;)
Long way to Fuji starts with the first step!
Minus

#37 Post by Minus » 13 Jul 2019 16:08

Little look inside what's going on with project.

As I mentioned earlier (at least I think I mentioned it) I was focused on making a GUI for SCSArchiver tool.
I've had some problems with my choosen library to create GUI.
As for now extracting is slowly beeing worked on and almost finished, to be honest. I'm also thinkng about adding option to actually create new SCS# archives, but for now it will be better to focus on extracting part and create more messages when archive isn't supported (yet).

There's no way that in near future this tool will be able to extract one specific types of archives (RTA Mods uses this type, but whole idea how to extract them is currently deep in testing).
So some "locked" archives won't be extractable yet, but other will work. I think that all game archives are now properly extracted.
Also in next version this tool will allow you to select where you want your archive to be extracted, since not every game files should be mixed.
As always please be patient, next version is going to be released when it's ready.

Please say if you actually want to have an option to create SCS# archives, since I already know how to create them using plain old notepad.

And here's a little bonus:
https://i.gyazo.com/bba6d1b2978e2754f55 ... e7da23.mp4
xXCARL1992Xx

#38 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 28 Jul 2019 12:55

i have a mod that cant be extracted with your program and not be repaired with D.A.R.T., do you have any interests in finding out how to circumvent it for future updates of the tool ?
[ external image ]
Minus

#39 Post by Minus » 28 Jul 2019 15:00

Is that mod from RTA mods? If so then I have an idea how to extract these files, but for now I'm not adding this feature. It will come some time probably, just when I check everything that is required to extract these kind of files.
If it's not from RTA then please tell me what mod it is, since I'd like to chceck all possibilities of files that cannot be extracted yet.
Minus

#40 Post by Minus » 13 Aug 2019 17:28

Status Update #2:

Another two weeks have passed and I wasn't working as hard as I hoped to. Nevertheless I was able to create few things in this tool to make version 0.2 even better.
So few notes what has been changed since July:
- Extracting is finished. Only minor tweaks in UI and this part is ready to work for you.
- Archives like RTA won't be etractable yet. I focused on few other things.
- Creating new SCS# archives is on it's way. There's no way that you will be able to pack again base or locale - I don't think I will ever do this (because original game files should NOT be messed with).
- SCS Archiver will let you create archives, but right now it will also use huge amounts of ram. It will be using as much as a biggest file in your archive, but since it is taking so long I will release version 0.2 with this way of using ram (sorry).
- You will have option to "lock" archives. Just please use it properly. Function that is "locking" archives will be named "Strip archive from directory data". It should only be used when you need to remove all directory entries from archive.
- Compressed SCS# files WILL BE available to everyone from version 0.2.

Okay, so now quick explanation of few things.

1. DO NOT EVER STRIP ARCHIVES WITHOUT REASON. By removing directory entries you will reduce size of archive by some kilobytes, maybe megabytes. If you use stripping function to lock archives I will make sure that it won't be accesible to everyone.
2. THIS TOOL WON'T ALLOW REPACKING BASE GAME FILES. Don't even try. Game won't run.
3. Do not redistribute (reuploads are not allowed either - I will keep download links alive) or try to earn money on this tool. It will be free in it's all* features.
4. Consider this stage as an open beta for creating archives. Things may change alot between next versions. New features could be added, I'm open to any ideas. Open beta means that this tool is far from finished. It can crash, suddenly without any information use all your ram etc. I will try to fix any bugs and errors so please write here what happened exactly.
5. Use this tool for anything you want, remember that some things like sounds, images, textures, models etc. belong to their authors and you shouldn't use them without their knowledge.

Alright that's all I have to say about this tool. I hope that next update will be shared with release of version 0.2.
When I will release new version? Well "when it's ready", but I want to do this still in august. If everything goes well I will be out next week, but don't consider this information as exact release date. I cannot guarantee it will be ready.

* Important note: I don't think I will do this, but just remember, that I could potentially make some functions paid. It's not going to be much though. I want to make it available for free to anyone.

Return to “Help center - player to player”