How to modify AI Drivers Names & Photos

ProxyfoxLP

How to modify AI Drivers Names & Photos

#1 Post by ProxyfoxLP » 15 Jan 2018 20:01

Hello there!

I just wanted to know if there is any way to modify the employees in the game, so that I can give them custom names and Profile Pictures.
I've recently seen a Mod, where a popular Truck Driver was implemented as an AI Driver for your Company. So there should be a way to do this.
Maybe one of you knows something about this? :?:
EliotMess

Re: How to modify AI Drivers Names & Photos

#2 Post by EliotMess » 16 Jan 2018 17:44

You can download said mod (or any others that do the same), open it with 7zip and learn how it's done.
* not trying to be rude, it's what I normally do *
Cadde

#3 Post by Cadde » 19 Jan 2018 23:53

AFAIK (someone might have found a way) the driver names are stored in locale.sii which is loaded before all other game data and mods. Even with -force_mods and it's statically loaded. Meaning you can't change localization (which the driver names are) so no, you cannot do it via mods. AFAIK.
But the pictures you can change.

And technically, you can change the driver names via memory injection. If some mod claims to change driver names then post a link for an example of a working mod of this nature. Then we can tell you how it's done. Otherwise, it's just a memory injection that someone recorded to "troll" people into believing the user is "cool".
On extended hiatus.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Jan 2018 23:55

Cadde wrote: 19 Jan 2018 23:53
i have changed it

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1263499174

a program to decrypt it is even here on the forum under our noses

only problem i had was, i had to copy the .sii for the drivers name in every language folder for it to work

originally it is only in en_gb or en_us, dont know for sure, but the game didnt recognize the file, after i put the file in de_de it worked for me ingame
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Help center - player to player”