won't launch PLEASE READ and help me

BlackBosnian

won't launch PLEASE READ and help me

#1 Post by BlackBosnian » 14 Dec 2018 18:18

Hi. thank you for taking your time to help me. 2 days ago i tried to launch ets 2 from a desktop shortcut, and it asks me for permission, then does NOTHING at all. I noticed that it does appear somewhere in the task manager for a second, but then immediately disappears and it doesn't launch. I tried verifying the game files, reinstalling the game twice, reinstalling my graphics card drivers, even tried rolling it back to a previous version, i tried every single solution that i could think off. The game worked fine but now it doesn't work i am SUPER DESPERATE and i really need help. I even installed openAL and i wonder if its windows, but i don't think it is since the problem just appear out of anywhere.
(also tried launching without malwarebytes since i use it all the time)
Any kind of help would be appriciated. Thanks.
OlavEmil

Re: won't launch PLEASE READ and help me

#2 Post by OlavEmil » 14 Dec 2018 19:31

Do you have Steam version, or retail?

The first thing you can try, to eliminate any mods or old files causing trouble, is to go to My Documents and rename the folder called Euro Truck Simulator 2 to something else, and then try to launch the game. This will make the game create a new folder called Euro Truck Simulator 2, and the game will be 100% stock. If you have Steam, also make sure you don't subscribe to any mods in the workshop.

Let us know if this makes any difference. If it still won't launch, see if you have any of the following files in your new Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder:
game.log
game.crash

If so, please post the full content of these files.
BlackBosnian

#3 Post by BlackBosnian » 15 Dec 2018 12:54

tried all of that before, still struggling, also i need to mention something important. I have a problem, (which i noticed in the crash log) and it is KERNELBASE.dll. This is a common problem i saw with the "games not launching" topics. I am still looking for the solution, thanks for the response and i hope to help myself as well as the other players with the same problem
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 15 Dec 2018 13:01

what you could try is to run CMD as admin and type this

sfc /scannow

then Windows will validate itself to see if system data is corrupted or not

maybe it will solve it maybe not, if not then the user account on Windows could be corrupted

but DONT download any KernelBase.DLLs from the internet to fix it, that is the worst think you could do
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
BlackBosnian

#5 Post by BlackBosnian » 15 Dec 2018 15:26

tired to do the "sfc /scannow" 2 days ago that didn work, i tried a lot of commands that microsoft suggested to do to fix the problem but they didnt do anything. My pc is detected to have all the files like they should be and it doesnt. I even tried resetting my pc a this morning.
here are the links (where some people had similar problems with kernelbase.dll) i followed to find the solution but didn't end up finding it:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... ed8d70f749
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 7c2dd50ce8
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 4e34ae234d

to save you the time reading everything there:
i tried doing regsvr32 /u KernelBase.dll
and then regsvr32 /i KernelBase.dll.
and i get this:
"The module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

after i restarded my pc and reinstalled the game 3 times, tried 15 different solutions, i am not sure what to do anymore
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 15 Dec 2018 15:33

"The module "kernelbase.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
Make sure that "kernelbase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."
did you do it as admin ?

if you dont do it as admin you get this error
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Reinhard

#7 Post by Reinhard » 15 Dec 2018 15:36

If the crash occurs in the Windows kernel, that doesn't necessarily mean a DLL is wrong. Or even Windows. Such things are usually caused by a bad driver.

Don't jump to conclusions, better post the game log, and also crash log, and let a developer have a look.
BlackBosnian

#8 Post by BlackBosnian » 15 Dec 2018 15:39

drivers were reinstalled, updated, did everything as an admin. as i mentioned i tried everything but there must probably be something that can resolve this. thank you for helping me i will post the game log and the crash log right now.
Attachments
game.crash.txt
(616.93 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
game.log.txt
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
BlackBosnian

#9 Post by BlackBosnian » 15 Dec 2018 16:16

btw if it doesnt say anything about kernel there its becouse i reinstalled the game
m1keY

#10 Post by m1keY » 15 Dec 2018 16:30

it should say, YOU need to buy the game to get support for it... 8-)

Return to “Help center - player to player”