Assigning a Button for Going Up/Down On a Page

celikosman

Assigning a Button for Going Up/Down On a Page

#1 Post by celikosman » 12 Nov 2020 01:08

Hi everyone,

I wonder if it is possible to go down and up with a keyboard button when scrolling in mods page or when customizing the truck. It takes so much time to add new mods since I have plenty of them and the load order matters. I dont even mention creating a new profile :roll: . Also, it takes such a long time to see possible customization options only clicking with mouse. (e.g. That would be great to just press "Down button" and see the other paintjob)

Do you know if there is a way to assign a button or any mod & plug-in for this specific function?

Thanks.
Reinhard

Re: Assigning a Button for Going Up/Down On a Page

#2 Post by Reinhard » 12 Nov 2020 07:48

Did you try the mouse wheel?
celikosman

#3 Post by celikosman » 12 Nov 2020 11:26

I guess I couldn't make my self clear.

For example you have a new mod and you have to place it somewhere in the middle of your modlist. You have to use increase/decrease priority button and if you have 200+ mods, that takes so much time. Couple of days ago, I wanted to create a new profile for Grand Utopia Map and it took me 20 min. Second example, you can scroll in paintjobs, tires, or any other accessory with mouse wheel, however it will just scroll the page, it wont apply that certain item to the truck.
Reinhard

#4 Post by Reinhard » 13 Nov 2020 12:47

Okay, I clearly misunderstood you. My fault. Maybe because I never use the mod manager.
celikosman

#5 Post by celikosman » 04 Aug 2021 15:38

Is it possible to bring this feature with the new updates? I am pretty sure that it should be a very easy job to do and many of us suffer from it
plykkegaard

#6 Post by plykkegaard » 04 Aug 2021 15:53

The windows has a defined and well documented operation for keyboard usage in list views, imo worth investigation
True usabillity requires equal usage of mouse and keyboard for daily user activities
Also well documented in IBMs SAA standard (IBM Systems Application Architecture) which is older than the game, it was initially released in '87

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
celikosman

#7 Post by celikosman » 04 Aug 2021 17:06

Thanks for the info. So it seems like we have to click thousands times to create a new profile. It is just too much time consuming
room217au

#8 Post by room217au » 05 Aug 2021 01:31

Reinhard wrote: 13 Nov 2020 12:47Maybe because I never use the mod manager.
You use "-force_mods" switch? I do. Since day #1 of mod manager.
If a user has 200 mods, but only 50 are active, does it mean that ModManager mounts and unmounts all of those mods, but only keeps the 'activated' ones in memory?
Seems a waste of time to me?
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
Reinhard

#9 Post by Reinhard » 05 Aug 2021 07:00

Yes, I always "-force_mods". I don't switch mods often. And as I don't tolerate mod conflicts, mod loading order is of no meaning for me.

But the game mounts/unmounts all mods for a manifest check anyway, mod manager used or not. If there is more of that if you don't use "-force_mods", I don't know.

But we are getting off-topic.

Return to “Help center - player to player”