[1.40] Load background image in editor & increase graphics

herlab

[1.40] Load background image in editor & increase graphics

#1 Post by herlab » 26 Mar 2021 05:05

So, I was working on a map for some time now. I have been using map pic as background in editor to help with laying roads & buildings. After 1.40 update, I can't get it to show up, just get red background stating "not found".

I am using "editor_data_custom.sui" & have rebuilt my map post v1.40 update, so my map is working now w/o errors except one related to some gibraltar_light.tobj not found. The command "-edit -force_mods" isn't working, it makes the map editor crash at boot. Any help regarding how to load it will help?

Also, after v1.40, I have observed that graphics quality of models in map editor has gone down drastically. Any way to increase it? Running map to check how a place looks isn't very convenient although now I can jsut save map & run it with ease compared to earlier.

Thanks
herlab

Re: [1.40] Load background image in editor & increase graphics

#2 Post by herlab » 30 Mar 2021 07:10

Bump, any way to get background image in editor?
Arayas

#3 Post by Arayas » 30 Mar 2021 07:21

I dont have this problems. Use directly the editor_data.sii in your def folder.
The editor is getting the quality from the same config.cfg file as you use for playing the game. Delete the one you have, start the game in play mode and change settings to ultra. Close the game and open editor.
Roextended Project
herlab

#4 Post by herlab » 01 Apr 2021 07:26

Arayas wrote: 30 Mar 2021 07:21 I dont have this problems. Use directly the editor_data.sii in your def folder.
The editor is getting the quality from the same config.cfg file as you use for playing the game. Delete the one you have, start the game in play mode and change settings to ultra. Close the game and open editor.
Thanks for your reply. Your videos have been very helpful.

My editor was crashing with editor_data.sii, hence moved to custom. As I have rebuilt my map, maybe it will no longer be an issue. Not sure. Will try later & report back.

My play mode indeed runs at ultra. Earlier map editor was running fine but now it looks bad, post 1.40. Running the map from editor would start in lowest quality every time earlier as well. Will try modifying config.cfg.
herlab

#5 Post by herlab » 12 Apr 2021 06:58

Using editor_data.sii worked now w/o errors & I was able to use -force_mods command to get background image in map editor.

Deleting old config.cfg , running the game & setting the graphics to ultra created a new config.cfg with ultra settings which is being read by map editor to output graphics at ultra quality (if I run the game from editor, it still defaults to low quality, not new).

Return to “Help center - player to player”