More slots/input to controls

LazMohawk

More slots/input to controls

#1 Post by LazMohawk » 18 Apr 2021 16:46

Hi there.
I use to have a SKRS shifter in my games; ETS 2 & ATS, but I bought a new one, Arduino Leonardo SKRS shifter and it works, BUT my issue is, that I use all 5 slots in my truck games, and it did work for a year ago. In the 5 slots/input controls, I use;
Thrustmaster TS-XW base, TH8 H-shifter, Fanatec v3 pedals, and 2 DSD buttonbox.
I have search the internet for solutions, but in vain. Do someone uses more than 5 slots ingame and can give me some input what to do. I'm not a computer nerd, but not all newbie. 😉
Regards Moe Ostermann, Denmark
Attachments
Euro-truck-simulator-SKRS-gear-shifter-PC-USB.jpg
Euro-truck-simulator-SKRS-gear-shifter-PC-USB.jpg (14.05 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
TS-XW base - TH8RS - Derek Speare Design/P1 Sim Racing Controllers and 2015 Flight FLT1 - TrackIr Natual point - SKRS shifter
tinusman

Re: More slots/input to controls

#2 Post by tinusman » 18 Apr 2021 18:02

maybe the top selection : keyboard+wheel

and then 4 controlers more.

no matter what game version

Or if the game doesn`t reconize 1 of your controlers:
Then try if windows can find them in the first place.
settings --> there on the right devices and printers...
xXCARL1992Xx

#3 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Apr 2021 18:04

the game can use more then 5 controller, but everything after 5 you have tu manually enter into the control.sii
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
LazMohawk

#4 Post by LazMohawk » 19 Apr 2021 11:47

tinusman wrote: 18 Apr 2021 18:02 maybe the top selection : keyboard+wheel

and then 4 controlers more.

no matter what game version

Or if the game doesn`t reconize 1 of your controlers:
Then try if windows can find them in the first place.
settings --> there on the right devices and printers...
That did'nt do anything. I can see my SKRS in windows and gamesettings/installed units, and it has been registred by windows 10
TS-XW base - TH8RS - Derek Speare Design/P1 Sim Racing Controllers and 2015 Flight FLT1 - TrackIr Natual point - SKRS shifter
LazMohawk

#5 Post by LazMohawk » 19 Apr 2021 11:49

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 18 Apr 2021 18:04 the game can use more then 5 controller, but everything after 5 you have tu manually enter into the control.sii
But how ?
I have been searching for that option, and how to do it (I'm not a strong editor in txt) but in vain. I need a direktion and guide how to put my SKRS shifter in controls.sii
olithorne77

#6 Post by olithorne77 » 05 Jul 2021 15:33

This is the guide you need (I think).

https://eurotrucksimulator2.com/input_config.php

The other way is to use something like joy2key to send key commands with your button boxes. E.g. you make button one send 'B' which is defined in game as the desired control.
Last edited by olithorne77 on 05 Jul 2021 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
LazMohawk

#7 Post by LazMohawk » 05 Nov 2022 15:36

I'm back !
Still no use for my Arduino Leonardo stick shifter. Considering selling it. I've tried to read and understand Advanced input configuration, but in vain...it's like to read russian language for me.

I've messing with controls.sii and have lost track of it because I have messed with it too much. I wrote with a person who had done it, but he didn't tell me how he did it ! (Nice guy, eh!?)

But I've did get to discover my gearshifter in ATS, but there came no extra slots !

What to write on the divice joy6 here !?

https://ibb.co/BBcXV0Y

Regards Moe

2 years ago, I used my shifter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tylPk9E ... oesimgames

Why can't SCS put infinite input so you don't have to mess/get annoyed with this!? Like they have in Assetto corsa, DIRT RALLY and other games!??
pstraghan

Re: More slots/input to controllers TM

#8 Post by pstraghan » 31 Dec 2022 20:08

LazMohawk wrote: 05 Nov 2022 15:36 I'm back !
Still no use for my Arduino Leonardo stick shifter. Considering selling it. I've tried to read and understand Advanced input configuration, but in vain...it's like to read russian language for me.
Why can't SCS put infinite input so you don't have to mess/get annoyed with this!? Like they have in Assetto corsa, DIRT RALLY and other games!??
Hi Laz,
I have simlar setup & issue as you, wondering if you have resolved?
Early 2022 I had all these working well - TM TH8a shifter, TS-XW base, LCM pedals, button box (+keyboard) without any issue. Then came back at xmas to play but could not get all controllers working in game. Went through resintall of controllers with TM who said it is a game ETS2 issue. Any tips on getting these working again, a lot of money to spend on controllers a game that doesn't support it, no response from them either. Does anyone know if / why this backwards step happened, we want to play game not work on tech issues.
Thanks, Paul.

Return to “Help center - player to player”