About map in ETS 2

alex85khil

About map in ETS 2

#1 Post by alex85khil » 21 Jun 2021 00:20

Hi, Gamers. I want to tell about map in ETS 2. When you choose External Jobs or Market Jobs and Quick Jobs. There problem one of them is Quick Jobs. When you choose External Jobs the map show where is your truck like you are in Spain country same as Market Jobs, but Quick Jobs -- not. If you choose Quick Jobs it showed Poland, Germany and other country but not move where is your truck if you are in Spain or in England. I hate to move map with the mouse what I want to take quick jobs where is my truck. Any idea to fix or SCS can fix it?

Thank you.
MrAbner

Re: About map in ETS 2

#2 Post by MrAbner » 21 Jun 2021 03:58

Quick jobs are what you take as a hired driver — you drive somebody else's truck. If you want to drive your own truck, you want to take a Freight Market job. If you want to see just the jobs in your own city, click on that city on the map, and only jobs originating from that city will be shown.

If you have your own truck and trailer, go with Cargo Market.

I have no idea about WoT jobs from External Market, if that is what you are really asking about.
Steve Pitts

#3 Post by Steve Pitts » 26 Jun 2021 17:51

I'm not sure exactly what the OP is trying to describe. Let's say my truck and I are in Madrid. When I click on Quick Jobs the map originally is oriented in relation to my location. If I click on a job from Pori in Finland to Valmiera in Latvia (to choose an example entirely at random) then the map re-positions itself such that you can see the route on screen. I would argue that is right. However, should I prefer to only see jobs close to me then when I first enter the Quick Jobs display I can choose to click on the map pin for my current location, or somewhere else nearby, and the list will be limited to only jobs starting from that location. That too seems correct. @alex85khil if that isn't what it is doing for you then that might be a mod issue but otherwise I think you need to explain more clearly (perhaps with screenshots to illustrate) what you mean and what you feel is wrong.
Cheers, Steve
alex85khil

#4 Post by alex85khil » 29 Jul 2021 02:02

Okay. I have no any mods. I figured out why Quick job is default position. QJ default position is where your main garage. External job and market job default position where is your truck. Before my garage was in Germany and my truck in Madrid. QJ map posited in Germany, not Spain. After I bought garage in Madrid and I moved in garage also my truck too. Then choose a quick job that happens map not re-position in Germany, in SPAIN!!!!!
harishw8r

#5 Post by harishw8r » 29 Jul 2021 02:12

There is no default position for Quick Jobs or Freight Market or Cargo Market. It shows all the available jobs from all the cities you have discovered so far. You have to drag and move the map click on a city to shortlist the jobs originating from that city.

All the maps in the game will put your current position in the centre, not your headquarters, unless that’s where you are located. (If your garage is in Germany and the truck you’re driving right now is at Spain, the map will be centered at Spain). For quick job map, since you don’t have a truck, it would position to the center of the overall map. That would be Germany. Once they add more DLCs. This would shift accordingly.

Return to “Help center - player to player”