Truck mod spawning

aybesea

Truck mod spawning

#1 Post by aybesea » 13 Sep 2021 16:16

I downloaded a USA truck mod which all works fine,but the truck in question has spawned itself into normal traffic which none of my other two truck mods have not done.Is there a way i can stop this spawning of this truck,if it was ATS it would be ok but in Europe and Russia etc it does not look right seems the ratio is 5euro trucks one American truck.
Underscore_101_

Re: Truck mod spawning

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 13 Sep 2021 17:02

We need more info, which mod are you talking about to start with.
Underscore_101_

#3 Post by Underscore_101_ » 14 Sep 2021 03:20

idk who uploaded that, if it's the original author then fine, but if it isn't, why not get it from the Steam Workshop?

That won't solve the issue though, the mod just also adds it to the AI.

Maybe someone can give you a better solution, but you could probably, for example add a spawn ratio to the files in "universal\def\vehicle\ai"

Code: Select all

lod_dist[]: 70
	lod_dist[]: 100

spawn_ratio: 0
0 should keep them from spawning, 0.1 would spawn very few, etc,...

Maybe you could remove all the ai folders, but this may give unwanted errors if there are other files left that need info from there.

BTW, there are other Volvo vnl mods in the workshop and possibly also here on the SCS forum.
aybesea

#4 Post by aybesea » 14 Sep 2021 13:44

Thanks for that info,i did reply but for some reason seems to have not appeared,will look on Steam workshop.
aybesea

#5 Post by aybesea » 16 Sep 2021 03:57

Tried one on Steam workshop still had spawning but not as much ,however tried another one and that produced low FPS in the cities.I have given up on that so just keeping the two trucks i have now and not add another one to my home garage.
Thanks for help.
Underscore_101_

#6 Post by Underscore_101_ » 16 Sep 2021 14:43

Well, the mod you're using is available in the Steam Workshop, using that version is just fair to the author, you may be using a stolen mod and if you want to keep modders happy, ALWAYS use the originals.
(btw, did you remove your reply about where you have the mod from?)
And I personally HATE people that use stolen mods so I shouldn't really help you, so see it as informing you to do the right thing :-)

What is not a problem is copying a Steam Workshop mod to your mod folder and make changes to it for personal use, btw that's my opinion, maybe other modders think different about it :-)
Just make sure you add it to your favorites and give it a thumbs up before you unsubscribe.

If you want to add the changes I suggested, just open the mod (if it's a .scs, or .zip file use winrar or 7zip), look for the files, open the files with wordpad (or notepad++) make the changes, save the file.
(if it's a .scs or .zip Winrar or 7zip will ask for confirmation if you want to change the original file)
aybesea

#7 Post by aybesea » 19 Sep 2021 14:08

As above i tried the Steam Workshop mod after i deleted the first one and deleted log and restarted but still had spawning but not so much.
I do not know what happened to the post i put showing the link to the mod on Modbase and Zip file name from the first one ,mystery to me. But what i did notice was the Steam workshop one was in capitals in the mod manager but the one on Modbase was in normal letters so maybe it was stolen.All my maps RUS map and ROS etc i download from Truck-Sim club.
Underscore_101_

#8 Post by Underscore_101_ » 19 Sep 2021 14:36

Well yeah, I told you that the Workshop version would still spawn trucks, that's why you need to add that spawn_ratio line to the files I mentioned.

Return to “Help center - player to player”