Strong oscillation with the Volvo FH

TRCB

Strong oscillation with the Volvo FH

#1 Post by TRCB » 12 Oct 2021 19:18

I grabbed a Volvo FH last night (have the classics and an iveco as well).

the FH has very strong oscillations while driving which the fh classic and iveco do not.
Is there a file somewhere to dial in FFB on a per truck basis to fix this, or is this jsut how the volvo FH drives?

(i dont want to dial up NF in the fanatec config because for all the other trucks it will just wash away FFB for no reason as so far only this truck is affected by this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S8dhqbEcn0
TRCB

Re: Strong oscillation with the Volvo FH

#2 Post by TRCB » 14 Oct 2021 21:17

fwiw if anyone else runs into this issue, it related to using trailers with steerable axles, not any truck specifically. with regular trialers this does not happen, only longer trialers with steerable axles. I dumped the loader and went to a shorter trailer and all is good with the world again, maybe just beta issues that will be sorted.
Truckdrivr

#3 Post by Truckdrivr » 15 Oct 2021 07:45

i think its because steering is now linked to physics, i have noticed same when doing quickjobs with 8x4 scania with 4 axle lowloader, but going slower around corners also help the issue, which is according to reality, because its not good to go super fast around corners or roundabouts with so many tons on the trailer. it feels to me like the trailer is pushing the truck unit, like it will do irl too.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
TRCB

#4 Post by TRCB » 16 Oct 2021 22:13

yes,definately strongest with the low loader. not sure if thats because it has more axles or not, the truck also behaves strangely going into corners , liek it wont self centre you have to force steer in the opposite direction to straighten it out.
[ external image ]
Truckdrivr

#5 Post by Truckdrivr » 18 Oct 2021 20:21

exactly, but i now believe the mistake is in the 8x4 configuration it self, because if I drive a 6x2 with lowloader with 4 axels and the weird steering behaviour is gone.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557

Return to “Help center - player to player”