General Truck Driving Questions / Game questions.

TRCB

General Truck Driving Questions / Game questions.

#1 Post by TRCB » 21 Oct 2021 20:17

Hey All

A few questions I have accumulated please.

1. With trucks/trailers that have axles that can lift, in which scenario would they be up or down? (never driven a truck so no idea?)

2. I get messages to engage my "differential lock" at some intersections or pickup areas, any idea why, i never do it and continue fine anyway?

3. Driver management, if i buy more trailer types, how can i make my drivers select different trailers automatically? or do i have to manually associate the trailers?

4. Driver management, can I manually select jobs for them?

5. If i get irretrievable stuck how can i force a tow or recovery
(happens now and then when i try to sneak past a road block)

6. I bought the heavy load and volvo pack, but i dont ever seem to get any of those jobs in the job manager and only once have i ever seen a volvo component in traffic, what am i missing?

7. WOT? What is the point indoing WOT contracts? I registered for it because its in the menus, but outside of a page that shows what contracts you have done does nto seem to serve a purpose?
(i use it whenver there are not decent contracts from a particualt place i might be, and there always seem to be MUCH better paying contracts, up to 3X the value of anything else in game?)

8. Online "convoys" is perpetually empty, im in Sydney , Australia, is this an invite thing only? Or is it because im on beta and its jsut not working?

Many TIA,
TRCB
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: General Truck Driving Questions / Game questions.

#2 Post by Madkine » 21 Oct 2021 20:50

2. Diff lock give you more traction if you are having issues
3. You can't make a driver use a particular trailer, all you can do is make trailers available and see if they use them
4. No
5. F7 (noting that for WoT this will cancel your job)
8. Convoy sessions show based on your steam download region (Also note that the 1.42 beta is over and you should move back to the public release). Convoy definitely works.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
TRCB

#3 Post by TRCB » 24 Oct 2021 19:57

Madkine wrote: 21 Oct 2021 20:50 8. Convoy sessions show based on your steam download region (Also note that the 1.42 beta is over and you should move back to the public release). Convoy definitely works.
After moving back to non beta suddenly my cup overfloweth with heavy loader and volvo jobs.. so that seems to be ok now.

As for convoy.. still nada, the screen is completely empty everytime i go into it. checked firewall just in case but no issues there, and no issues with any other games re this.

Are you saying above that because my steam is registered in Australia that there are simply no convoys in Australia? If i was in the EU it would be full instead?

[ external image ]
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 25 Oct 2021 07:20

It seems unlikely. And you can test it by temporarily changing your download region to somewhere in the EU or the US.

Do you run any mods?
If so try checking Convoy on a mod free profile.
We've seen a few instances of mods with errors causing convoy sessions to not appear.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
TRCB

#5 Post by TRCB » 25 Oct 2021 18:40

changing steam region filled it up so its definately working.. just nothing going on in Australia apparently.. pity.
[ external image ]

Return to “Help center - player to player”