How to increase damage sensitivity in collision?

Restruct62

How to increase damage sensitivity in collision?

#1 Post by Restruct62 » 23 Oct 2021 11:17

How to indicate even the smallest touch of obstacles during manouvering? If I manouver, and my trailer's tale contacts with an obstacle, can I see "DAMAGE!" on the route advisor? Or it works only at high speed collision?
two_aunt

Re: How to increase damage sensitivity in collision?

#2 Post by two_aunt » 28 Oct 2021 20:29

Restruct62 wrote: 23 Oct 2021 11:17 How to indicate even the smallest touch of obstacles during manouvering? If I manouver, and my trailer's tale contacts with an obstacle, can I see "DAMAGE!" on the route advisor? Or it works only at high speed collision?
damage_data.sii
(971 Bytes) Downloaded 23 times
Corresponding to game version 1.42

The. SII file is a TXT text that can be opened and edited using any text tool.

Create a folder named def, put the above file in it, and then compress the def folder into ZIP format. :)

You can directly use or modify the suffix of the zip file to SCS, and then put it into the mod folder.
two_aunt

#3 Post by two_aunt » 28 Oct 2021 20:34

The above file is the default value of the game without any modification. After you open it, you can check # the comments at the beginning to tell you what each parameter controls.

For example, when the value [0.0007] of the parameter [truck_damage_coef] is changed to [0], your truck will no longer have collision damage. And so on and try.
Restruct62

#4 Post by Restruct62 » 28 Oct 2021 20:53

@two_aunt I know. But you can check yourself: change truck_damage and trailer_damage to 1.0. After that hit the trailer at 1 km/h - you get damage, excellent! But if you hit a truck at 1,2,3,4,5 km/h - you do not get any damage at all, but at 6 km/h you get 100% damage. It is awful. Try yourself - can you edit damage_data.sii in such way, that your truck will get damage at 1 km/h? I cannot solve it. I really cannot understand, why trailer gets, but truck does not.
two_aunt

#5 Post by two_aunt » 28 Oct 2021 21:05

Restruct62 wrote: 28 Oct 2021 20:53 @two_aunt I know. But you can check yourself: change truck_damage and trailer_damage to 1.0. After that hit the trailer at 1 km/h - you get damage, excellent! But if you hit a truck at 1,2,3,4,5 km/h - you do not get any damage at all, but at 6 km/h you get 100% damage. It is awful. Try yourself - can you edit damage_data.sii in such way, that your truck will get damage at 1 km/h? I cannot solve it. I really cannot understand, why trailer gets, but truck does not.
[truck_to_trailer_dmg] is this parameter tried, or other parameters. :)

In game collisions have a logic that will not trigger when a certain angle or speed.
two_aunt

#6 Post by two_aunt » 28 Oct 2021 21:09

In addition, it is not recommended to modify [truck_damage_coef] directly to [1], and it is recommended to add [0.0003] or [0.003] each time.
Restruct62

#7 Post by Restruct62 » 28 Oct 2021 21:32

@two_aunt Nothing happened. I think, many people as me really want to know, how clearly they park trailer in difficult space. In real life you do not have rights to crash your truck on obstacles, during manouvering. And I want the same, if truck or trailer even touch something - I see damage warning. But present situation is pretty bad: you easily can hit walls,boxes, and get no damage, but actually to be a bad driver :). And I repeat: the logic works very good with trailer, but works very bad with truck - this is a problem.
two_aunt

#8 Post by two_aunt » 28 Oct 2021 21:45

Restruct62 wrote: 28 Oct 2021 21:32 @two_aunt Nothing happened. I think, many people as me really want to know, how clearly they park trailer in difficult space. In real life you do not have rights to crash your truck on obstacles, during manouvering. And I want the same, if truck or trailer even touch something - I see damage warning. But present situation is pretty bad: you easily can hit walls,boxes, and get no damage, but actually to be a bad driver :). And I repeat: the logic works very good with trailer, but works very bad with truck - this is a problem.
I'll test it and get back to you later.
Restruct62

#9 Post by Restruct62 » 28 Oct 2021 22:38

@two_aunt Ok. Try to damage your truck on an obstacle with speed 1 km/h.
two_aunt

#10 Post by two_aunt » 28 Oct 2021 23:48

I know the problem you described. In game collisions have a set of physical logic.

When the impact point is at a specific position of the truck and the impact angle or speed is insufficient, the system will not calculate the impact of the vehicle.
However, even when idling [< 6km/h], if the accelerator is suddenly pressed, the system also makes a judgment. Vehicle speed at the time of collision [5km/h].
The collision logic may be divided into active impact and passive impact. Obviously, passive impact is more sensitive.

Conjecture is an adjustment made by programmers to reduce unnecessary physical calculations or reduce the difficulty of the game.

If you want to get a more realistic feeling, the adjustment of other parameters in this file may meet you in other ways.And 1 is not the maximum value. Your parameter can be greater than 1.
【# damage dealt to truck and trailer ...】【# damage distribution to truck parts ...】【# wear per km of drive ...】

Return to “Help center - player to player”