Driver/Garage Logic.

TRCB

Driver/Garage Logic.

#1 Post by TRCB » 27 Oct 2021 20:13

Hey All

I have a few garages and 10 drivers now, and wondering about the logic (if there even is any?)

1. - is there such a thing as just a rubbish driver?
I have 3 that are perpetually "couldnt find a job" versus some that just keep levelling up and delivering 30-50K
so i fire the rubbish ones?

2. - hiring drivers per locale then moving them?
the game has a logic to dicover recuitment agencies by area, but you have no idea which area the driver is from, and moving a driver from russia to spain is perfectly fine.
is there any logic built into the game that makes a driver like that "unhappy" etc?

3. - seems like owning your own garage would mean you can make your own repairs in your garage? but I cannot
is there a mod that enables this fairly logical ability?

4. - seems like the garage could then run a business repairing ai trucks and a nice little consistent income stream?
is there a mod that enablkes this logic?
Steve Pitts

Re: Driver/Garage Logic.

#2 Post by Steve Pitts » 27 Oct 2021 21:04

1. best as I can tell, no. All drivers are created equal. The empty returns should just be a straight 10% chance but if a driver does it consistently you may be in the situation where an outbound journey at the limit of their long distance skill is just beyond the maximum for the return journeys. Add a point to long distance and the issue probably goes away

2. drivers do not have a happiness flag, the only thing that will cheese them off is employing them but not giving them a truck to drive

3 & 4 no idea about mods, I play vanilla
Cheers, Steve
TRCB

#3 Post by TRCB » 28 Oct 2021 07:09

Thanks. Wishlist things then I guess.
I put 120 hours into this game in two weeks, its so gorgeous, but, it kinda gets old grinding for cash the whole time, no matter how gorgeous, and with no online presence in Australia to speak of a career mode option would be nice.
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 28 Oct 2021 08:10

To be honest I don't understand how you'd need to grind for cash in the vanilla game.
I've modded my game so that I earn about 15% of what vanilla gives.
With that level of incoming it can take some time to earn enough to buy a new truck or garage.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “Help center - player to player”