adding online radio stations

miloguy

adding online radio stations

#1 Post by miloguy » 26 Oct 2014 04:59

hi , I'd like to add my own favourite Australian on line radio stations , but a lot of them only
have a main page then a player when you click on a link or what ever to play it ie like this station

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/player/

any ideas how to add to the built in radio station, thanks
Last edited by ohaha on 26 Oct 2014 06:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved from Mods /:)
Life is a highway and I wanna drive it all night long!

Axel Slingerland

Re: adding online radio stations

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 26 Oct 2014 05:45

That's a shockwave flash .mp3 player. The way it works is a playlist of .mp3 files is turned into a shockwave flash file (.swf) which plays the .mp3's, and I don't think you can use that in the game. They do that to make it difficult for you to copy the .mp3's, but also so you can't do what you have in mind either.
You can call me Ax

miloguy

#3 Post by miloguy » 26 Oct 2014 07:03

thanks , would be good if you could oh well.

Zakxaev68

#4 Post by Zakxaev68 » 28 Oct 2014 23:47

Axel is right. The thing is, as far as I know, there isn't any way to add such stations in the game when they simply don't provide an URL. But I don't see a problem. In such situations, if you cannot add it and play it through the game, you can always fire up your browser and play your favorite radio station through it, right? Which, I think, is what most of us do.

Axel Slingerland

#5 Post by Axel Slingerland » 29 Oct 2014 00:19

Why not just make your own "radio station" with an MP3 player? I use WinAmp. I make my playlists (with my own music choices) before I start the game, start WinAmp, start the game, and both work fine. In fact, on my borderline system, the game actually runs better that way.
You can call me Ax

WhiteLineFever

#6 Post by WhiteLineFever » 30 Dec 2014 11:24

If the station you want to listen to is broadcasting on the net, as well as a conventional transmitter, try googling to find out the stream address for it.
for instance I wanted to listen to the old pirate ship radio station 'Radio Caroline', although it does not broadcast from the North Sea anymore (but the ship is still afloat ;) ), it is land based and on the net. The stream address was easily found using google and added to my stream list...
stream_data[enter listing number]: " http://sc2.radiocaroline.net:8000|Radio Caroline|Album|EN|64|1"

All you have to do is alter the listing number to accomodate it in the list.
'Crack On to Macon'

One Renault Magnum, one tin shed for a garage, 520 horses under the right foot and a donkey behind the steering wheel

_Jimbo_

#7 Post by _Jimbo_ » 06 Jan 2015 21:26

This is how to find radio station live stream codes & also how to fix broken .sii files.

To find radio stations live stream info can be a bit complicated at first, but once you've done it a few times, you will start to find it really easy to do.

One of the ways you can find the live stream info is:

Open the web pages of your favourite radio stations.
I use Firefox, so I don't know about Internet Explorer or Chrome.
Right click on the page & click on View Page Source.

image sharing sites

free image host

You then scroll down the box until you find the live stream code (highlighted in blue in the pic above) & copy & paste it into your .sii file, fill in the rest so it looks like this.

stream_data[0]: "http://radio.eurotruckradio.com:8002/st ... d|UK|128|1"

Be Carefull !!!
This is where some people can get things a bit wrong & have rendered their .sii file useless with no clue how to get it back working again, been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
One day, I added some stations & when I launched my game, my .sii file wasn't working & no stations were listed. What rendered my .sii file useless is I forgot to do what is mentioned below.

Right at the top of the .sii file, there are the words "stream_data: " then a number (highlighted in blue in the pic below). That number represents the amount of stations in the list. Make sure this is correct.
Remember that the first station is zero, so this number needs to be one higher than the number of the last station in the list.

image hosting no sign up

Also !!!
On each radio station data line, it starts with the words "stream_data", & next to it is a box "[]" with a number inside. This is the station slot number within the game. You need to remember to edit these to make sure they are in numerical order with the first station in the list being "0" & not "1".

Hope this helps players having some problems with their radio stations.

http://www.JimbosMods.webs.com
ASUS M5A99X EVO board, AMD FX4170 Quad @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM, ASUS nVidia GeForce GTX970 4GB, Win7Ult 64bit.

Aleksi2014

#8 Post by Aleksi2014 » 20 Mar 2015 20:36

i want get songs in music folder but what file .scs, .mp3? :x
Intel I5 3350P 3.10 GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 8 Gt RAM Windows 10 64-bit

_Jimbo_

#9 Post by _Jimbo_ » 04 Apr 2015 19:49

I have .mp3 files in my music folder & they work fine.
Last edited by Reef on 05 Apr 2015 00:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Please read the forum rules

http://www.JimbosMods.webs.com
ASUS M5A99X EVO board, AMD FX4170 Quad @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM, ASUS nVidia GeForce GTX970 4GB, Win7Ult 64bit.

miloguy

#10 Post by miloguy » 22 Aug 2015 12:36

thanks for all the replies

im trying to get this one working but it wont show up in the list

stream_data[191]: "http://8.26.21.68:8000/index.html/hha1|Heavy Haulage Aus Radio|1|1|128|1"

oh can I delete the stations I'm not going to use, ie the non English speaking stations ?

Return to “What is your favourite online radio station in game?”