Euro Truck Simulator 2 Errors (Time Format)

William Grimsley

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Errors (Time Format)

#11 Post by William Grimsley » 10 Jun 2013 17:21

Just saying, no one can get off their bottom and do this...

I'm not leaving this issue alone and I want it sorted. It has been nearly a month since I raised the issue and nothing has been done about it. Disgraceful.

So, any news on a new update to ETS2, or not?
altx

#12 Post by altx » 10 Jun 2013 18:03

You are joking, aren't you?

If not, are you familiar with the concept of priorities?

If they spend time on this, they won't be able to spend that time on other far more important stuff.
Iron Maiden's gonna get you
Scream for mercy // He laughs as he's watching you bleed // Killer behind you // His blood lust defies all his needs // Look out I'm coming for you!
Unco

#13 Post by Unco » 10 Jun 2013 18:31

William Grimsley wrote:Just saying, no one can get off their bottom and do this...

I'm not leaving this issue alone and I want it sorted. It has been nearly a month since I raised the issue and nothing has been done about it. Disgraceful.

So, any news on a new update to ETS2, or not?
The short time format in Windows or Linux can be customised to show as either HH:mm or H:mm and one is no more correct than the other. In fact, by default, the leading zero is not even shown, which only serves to boggle the mind even more, as to why you insist in your rude demands to have this most insignificant leading zero displayed.

It was mentioned earlier that the Linux version shows the time as you are requesting. I can confirm that it doesn't. It shows the time the same way as the Windows version does, which seems to be fine with everybody else, except you.

By all means, feel free to continue beating this drum, however, you are getting close to breaking the forum rules in regards to showing respect towards SCS.
William Grimsley

#14 Post by William Grimsley » 10 Jun 2013 19:00

Unco wrote:The short time format in Windows or Linux can be customised to show as either HH:mm or H:mm and one is no more correct than the other. In fact, by default, the leading zero is not even shown, which only serves to boggle the mind even more, as to why you insist in your rude demands to have this most insignificant leading zero displayed.

It was mentioned earlier that the Linux version shows the time as you are requesting. I can confirm that it doesn't. It shows the time the same way as the Windows version does, which seems to be fine with everybody else, except you.

By all means, feel free to continue beating this drum, however, you are getting close to breaking the forum rules in regards to showing respect towards SCS.
Well the HH:mm IS different H:mm because it displays the right time format. 08:00 not 8:00. Plus, Linux DOES show the time format as HH:mm and Windows shows it as HH:mm but for some reason ETS2 displays it as H:mm...
Unco

#15 Post by Unco » 10 Jun 2013 19:23

William Grimsley wrote:
Well the HH:mm IS different H:mm because it displays the right time format. 08:00 not 8:00. Plus, Linux DOES show the time format as HH:mm and Windows shows it as HH:mm but for some reason ETS2 displays it as H:mm...
I have just explained to you that in both, Windows and Linux, these formats are customisable. If you are going to argue that one is right and the other is wrong, then you're either pulling my leg or there is some other problem beyond the scope of this forum. My entertainment stops here.
n4gix

#16 Post by n4gix » 10 Jun 2013 23:47

William Grimsley wrote:Well the HH:mm IS different H:mm because it displays the right time format. 08:00 not 8:00. Plus, Linux DOES show the time format as HH:mm and Windows shows it as HH:mm but for some reason ETS2 displays it as H:mm...
Pardon me, but that's just buffalo cookies!

I've explained that this is not at all an uncommon way to display the time. Every one of my sixteen computers on my local network all display the time this way.
[ external image ]
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
William Grimsley

#17 Post by William Grimsley » 11 Jun 2013 14:58

n4gix wrote:
William Grimsley wrote:Well the HH:mm IS different H:mm because it displays the right time format. 08:00 not 8:00. Plus, Linux DOES show the time format as HH:mm and Windows shows it as HH:mm but for some reason ETS2 displays it as H:mm...

I've explained that this is not at all an uncommon way to display the time. Every one of my sixteen computers on my local network all display the time this way.
[ external image ]
Oh, really? Well, take a look at this then! Haha! :lol:
time.jpg
time.jpg (1.83 KiB) Viewed 4037 times
altx

#18 Post by altx » 11 Jun 2013 17:44

William Grimsley wrote:
n4gix wrote:

[ external image ]
Oh, really? Well, take a look at this then! Haha! :lol:
time.jpg
6:47 PM = 18:47

15:58 = 3:58 PM
Iron Maiden's gonna get you
Scream for mercy // He laughs as he's watching you bleed // Killer behind you // His blood lust defies all his needs // Look out I'm coming for you!
Unco

#19 Post by Unco » 11 Jun 2013 18:12

For the last time, and only because none of the screenshots illustrate the issue at hand: The 24hr time format is customisable, both settings are correct and neither of them are wrong.

I'm not talking about the 12hour time format, which displays AM/PM next to the time. I'm talking about the 24hr format:
Attachments
24 hour format. No AM/PM next to the time, but with the leading 0.
24 hour format. No AM/PM next to the time, but with the leading 0.
24hr_02.jpg (5.75 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
24 hour format. Notice no AM/PM next to the time and NO LEADING 0! Amazing!
24 hour format. Notice no AM/PM next to the time and NO LEADING 0! Amazing!
24hr_01.jpg (4.18 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
12 hour format. Notice the AM next to the time.
12 hour format. Notice the AM next to the time.
12hr.jpg (4.96 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
ohaha

#20 Post by ohaha » 11 Jun 2013 18:29

I thinkwe all got the idea and there is no need to start a bug arguement, right?
SCS staff have read this post and they will make their decision. All we can do now is wait.

Thank you all for behaving properly. :)
Retired, but still loving it.

Return to “bugs 1.3.0”