Brakes not working while reversing.

valioquantum

Brakes not working while reversing.

#1 Post by valioquantum » 17 Feb 2013 16:27

Hi guys !
It gets even worse. When I reverse with very low speed, like 1-2 km/h and press the brake, it accelerates to 5-6 km/h. and when it hits an object and if you rev it just a bit it keeps spinning the wheels to infinity. I'm surprised how that is not reported yet, 100% of my friends that have the game experience the same problem after updating to 1.3.1 Patch. I did have some mods, but they are texture/skin oriented, no physics mods. Tried it with mods off, still the same story. I'm playing with joystick but friends with wheels and still have the problem.
Here is the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjx26o_n ... e=youtu.be

Other than that, is ok....except the other bugs that others have already reported.

Cheers, and keep up the good work !
7UN3RK0

Re: Brakes not working while reversing.

#2 Post by 7UN3RK0 » 17 Feb 2013 16:34

Which key you have assigned to brake and reverse?
I don't know english good. Sometimes I use Google Translator.
ohaha

#3 Post by ohaha » 17 Feb 2013 16:42

I am sorry, but I have never seen this behavior and I am unable to reproduce.
Please tell us what type of controls are you using (automatic, sequential gearbox) and if you had any previous mods involving truck physics. Also, what key combination are you using for truck movements (throttle, brakes, motor brake, retarder etc)
Also, try starting a new profile without any mods and test if it happens.

Thank you.
Retired, but still loving it.
valioquantum

#4 Post by valioquantum » 17 Feb 2013 16:49

7UN3RK0 wrote:Which key you have assigned to brake and reverse?
Well, in the settings menu it gives me only one option, to have the reverse and brakes in one single button, why is that?
I'm playing with joystick as I said, and I play with sequential gears, not automatic. So when I need to reverse I don't need to press the brake button to go backward, I just put it in R and rev the engine a little, the brake button should be only working as a brake, isn't it?
ohaha

#5 Post by ohaha » 17 Feb 2013 16:55

valioquantum wrote:Well, in the settings menu it gives me only one option, to have the reverse and brakes in one single button, why is that?
It says Brake/Reverse, but that's only for simple automatic gearbox. You need to assign that to your joystick and use it, when you need to stop!
I assumed that you apply throttle by pushing the joystick forward. Then, assign braking to pulling the joystick backwards.
It should work, you just need to learn how to use it.
valioquantum

#6 Post by valioquantum » 17 Feb 2013 17:06

valioquantum wrote:
7UN3RK0 wrote:Which key you have assigned to brake and reverse?
Well, in the settings menu it gives me only one option, to have the reverse and brakes in one single button, why is that?
I'm playing with joystick as I said, and I play with sequential gears, not automatic. So when I need to reverse I don't need to press the brake button to go backward, I just put it in R and rev the engine a little, the brake button should be only working as a brake, isn't it?
It resolves the problem by making a new profile, which is not a suitable solution for me because I have different saves with different truck, and have the economics on all of them quite developed already, so I think you understand. Except if there is a way to transfer all of my saved games on the new profile.

Thanks for the quick response guys.
ohaha

#7 Post by ohaha » 17 Feb 2013 17:13

Try changing the settings for controls, maybe go for the keyboard. Then try removing all mos related upgrades from your trucks. Then exit and remove all mods. Try to see what happens if you start again (remember to create a backup of your profile) and assign the controls from the beginning.
axelrol

#8 Post by axelrol » 18 Feb 2013 07:47

Just delete ALL physics mods what you have (i think you have them for 1.2.5.1 version). And install for 1.3.0s or 1.3.1s version. I dont have this problem - so its only yours.
valioquantum

#9 Post by valioquantum » 18 Feb 2013 12:53

axelrol wrote:Just delete ALL physics mods what you have (i think you have them for 1.2.5.1 version). And install for 1.3.0s or 1.3.1s version. I dont have this problem - so its only yours.
I found what causes the bug. For my big surprise was NOT any physics mod as I said in the beginning I did not have any, but it turns out to be the oversize cargo's mod, this one viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1999
I suggest if you give it a try to see if you can reproduce the same problem. Or the author of that mod may need to consider checking it out again what causes that.

I have started a new game now, deliberately deleted my old profile with it's saved games and decided to start all over again from the beginning. At least I hope this to be useful to others that may experience that issue in future.

So problem-SOLVED !
ohaha

#10 Post by ohaha » 19 Feb 2013 17:56

So, this wasn't, actually, a bug.
Thank you.

Return to “bugs 1.3.0”