Parking brake -> brake lights are on [NOT A BUG]

fallow-x

Parking brake -> brake lights are on [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by fallow-x » 01 Mar 2013 15:59

If I use the parking brake the brake lights are shining. I don't know if it is the bug (I'm not a truck driver) but it is little bit strange for me.
I tried it with Scania and Volvo trucks (engine must be switched on) in the game version 1.3.

Is it ok or not?
erkinalp

The Power-on self-test

#2 Post by erkinalp » 01 Mar 2013 19:25

It is not a bug, it is power-on self-test, that is, it tests everything except engine before engine startup.
ohaha

Re: Parking brake -> brake lights are on

#3 Post by ohaha » 01 Mar 2013 19:29

I noticed, too, that everything involving braking (parking brake, service brakes, retarder) will turn the stop lights on. Frankly, I don't know the real behavior in a real truck.
I'm sure that this is intended by SCS, but I don't know if it's because it's realistic or not.
Thanks for the report, though. I'll post it to Bugs.
Retired, but still loving it.
BleDrajor

RE: Parking brake and brake lights

#4 Post by BleDrajor » 02 Mar 2013 11:36

ohaha wrote:I noticed, too, that everything involving braking (parking brake, service brakes, retarder) will turn the stop lights on. Frankly, I don't know the real behavior in a real truck.
I'm sure that this is intended by SCS, but I don't know if it's because it's realistic or not.
Thanks for the report, though. I'll post it to Bugs.
Regarding the retarder: I hope I'm not wrong now. When I drove behind trucks here (Germany) and we went downhill, the stop lights were always turned on when they held their speed or slowed down. So I think this behavior in ETS2 could be correct.
Last edited by BleDrajor on 03 Mar 2013 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
fallow-x

#5 Post by fallow-x » 02 Mar 2013 21:35

In my car if you are using the parking brake the lights are not shining. From this reason it is strange for me because in this game the lights are shining. You can try it in the game. Just drive and use the parking brake and you will see what will happen with the lights.
Last edited by fallow-x on 04 Mar 2013 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
BleDrajor

RE: Parking brake, brake lights are on

#6 Post by BleDrajor » 02 Mar 2013 23:58

fallow-x wrote:In my car if you are using the parking brake the lights are not shining. From this reason it is strange for me because in this game the lights are shining. You can try it in the game. Just drive and use the parking brake and you will see what will happen with the lights.
Little misunderstanding here: I talked about the behavior with the retarder and the post was more meant for ohaha. I just thought this way because it doesn't make sense to brake all the time when driving downhill. Regulary the drivers let the truck roll and brake for a short while to slow down, then they continue by letting the truck roll and so on. Nearly noone would use the brakes all the time, because of consumption. And I thought the following traffic has to be warned in some way that the truck uses a retarder.

In my car, the brake lights of course don't shine when the parking brake is being used. But I don't know how they behave on a truck. Sorry for that confusion. I already edited my previous post.
Last edited by BleDrajor on 09 Mar 2013 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
celestra

#7 Post by celestra » 03 Mar 2013 17:15

The brake lights should only come on in trucks when you press the brake pedal not operate the handbrake.

Unless this has changed in the last couple of years since i stopped driving them .

I do not know how the retarder is wired up as i always used to have trucks that had an exhaust brake which never used to make the brake lights come on
Space_Night

#8 Post by Space_Night » 19 Mar 2020 22:44

you can set this to off in the onfiguration file.

go to your profile folder,
from there go into the config file and change
uset g_brake_light_all "1"

to

uset g_brake_light_all "0"
xXCARL1992Xx

#9 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Mar 2020 22:46

you are 7 years late buddy, and this cvar only exists for 1 to 1 1/2 years
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#10 Post by plykkegaard » 12 Jul 2020 10:55

Brake light when parking break is on has been like this since I started playing ETS2 in the early days
IRL you need a helper, co-worker, mop or stick to check if your break lights are working properly

Retarder: IRL it depends on manufacturer whether the brake lights are turned on when it is engaged

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “bugs 1.3.0”