Forum and modding wiki won't be available this weekend, March 6-7. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Bad performance since a few patches back & is there a Opengl startup parameter I can give to start the game in Opengl

Etrusan

Re: Bad performance since a few patches back & is there a Opengl startup parameter I can give to start the game in Openg

#11 Post by Etrusan » 24 Aug 2020 10:37

For anybody reading this, SCS couldn't have removed Vulcan support, if it wasn't present in the first place.
Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6600K 3,5GHz; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Crucial MX500 2TB; 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB; Corsair Force MP510 960GB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 10

www.etrusan.net

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Bad performance since a few patches back & is there a Opengl startup parameter I can give to start the game in Openg

#12 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Aug 2020 11:39

The only "Vulkan" implementation with ETS and ATS you get is when you use Valves Proton to play DX games on Linux via api translation from DX to Vulkan
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

Leopard- Linux

#13 Post by Leopard- Linux » 23 Jan 2021 01:36

vuurdraak wrote:
24 Aug 2020 08:40
For anybody reading this, SCS seems to have removed the Vulkan capability from the current and all older patched versions of the game in Linux (at least the version I revered back to to test)

However, in the future if anybody is searching for how to enable OpenGL, if the game starts in Vulkan,
adding: opengl ,as a start up parameter will start the game in OpenGL.

----
@Madkine Interesting, thanks for the tip, as there where no further replies to my post on the highway fence, I didn't know it was a problem for everybody that got fixed eventually.
Lmao!!!!!!!!

1-) Thing you see as " Shaders are being processed" is indeed Vulkan related but that doesn't mean game got a Vulkan renderer. In fact , SCS's OpenGL renderer ( only option on Linux build ) is so fucking bad performance wise ( cpu bound , stuttery as fuck ) people are simply running the game with Proton. Which means people are using default DX11 renderer of Windows build via DXVK which is a Vulkan based translation layer that is used on Proton for DX9-10-11 games. Shaders are from there , not from any native renderer.

2-) There is no parameter effect on native Linux build as i said , please stop taking placebo so hard.

Return to “Linux Beta Testing”