Problem with profiles in Linux and Windows

airhead

Problem with profiles in Linux and Windows

#1 Post by airhead » 15 Sep 2019 19:29

Hello, guys,
I need some help finding where in linux are stored the profiles. I use OpenSUSE Leap 15.1 x64 and before my profiles folder was in /home/my_user_name/.local/share/Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles/. I linked there my Windows profiles that aren't in the default path on OS drive but on a separate partition on my Games hdd. I had not any problems in previous versions of linux/ETS2/ATS but it seams in 1.35.1.150 things were changed. When I opened the game it starts but doesn't see any of my windows profiles, so I was prompted to create one. Well, I created it, but the new profile isn't in /home/my_user_name/.local/share/Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles/ and I don't have any idea where to search it. I tried to set the Windows profiles directory as a startup parameter of the game. I entered this in Steam>ETS2>right-click>Properties>Set Startup options: -nointro -homedir "d:\Documents\Ilian\Game profiles\" With those settings both games work in Windows 10, but when I set that in linux ETS2 doesn't start at all. I removed the changes and the game ran again but this time my profiles were gone. No worries, I opened Dolphin and just linked my Windows profiles to the /home/my_user_name/.local/share/Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles/. But no luck, I still don't have my profiles and can't play them. Can you, guys, help me with this?

OrionXIII

Re: Problem with profiles in Linux and Windows

#2 Post by OrionXIII » 16 Sep 2019 19:08

I couldn't reproduce the problem, my profiles appear right where they should be. You should verify the game files first.

-nointro -homedir "d:\Documents\Ilian\Game profiles\"

This won't work in Linux - it uses Unix naming conventions, so it should be something like

-nointro -homedir "/mount_point/d/Documents/Ilian/Game\ profiles/" if the path is correct.

You could also try to create a new profile, and check the files that were modified/created at that time (Dolphin should be able to do this by default).

(Regardless, Linux and Windows use different filesystems, and both Steam and games are pretty unstable if the files are thrown on different filesystems - I guess you use a Linux one for oS.)

Return to “Linux Beta Testing”