*Help with ATS map editor please*

SuchManor

*Help with ATS map editor please*

#1 Post by SuchManor » 21 Apr 2017 00:24

So the first issue im having with the editor is that when i save/save as, i go to "open" but the map that i "saved as" isnt there. It just seems like nothing is ever saving even thought while its in the process/finished saving no errors come up or anything.

Second, is there a way to get the edited map(fyi im not making a new map/adding roads etc., im only adding signs and concrete barricades/guardrails places where they are needed) to my main profile that ive been using for ATS(has like 86% map completion) and keep the completion there.

Even in general i need help knowing how to play the map and continue my deliveries/ story.

Im a noob to the whole map editor thing but get how to place items and how it works. I just need help with the issues listed above.

Thanks.

Reinhard

Re: *Help with ATS map editor please*

#2 Post by Reinhard » 21 Apr 2017 06:05

You can keep your completion ratio as long as you don't add or remove any road segment or prefab with traffic.

Your saving/reload problem is due to a misunderstanding. The whole thing is about creating a map-mod. The editor is working on either the untarnished, original map as taken from the base. Or, on any later step, working on the latest version of your mod, residing in your mod-folder. So you have to put your work into your own map-mod. After every single map-editor session.

In other words, save the map, quit the editor. Copy everything from the save-directory ("usa.mbd" plus the whole "usa" folder content) into your mod, restart an editor session. Your changes should be present, now.

Save directory is "base/map", to be found in the installation directory of the game. Steam-client could tell you where that is. Go to game-settings for ATS -> LOCAL FILES tab -> BROWSE LOCAL FILES.

Mod-content got to be placed in a folder called "map", so that "usa.mbd" and the "usa" folder content could replace the same-named files of the base.

SuchManor

#3 Post by SuchManor » 22 Apr 2017 02:06

Ok so I changed something in editor, saved the map (usa.mbd), exited etitor, moved "usa.mbd" and the "usa" folder located in 'steamapps/common/American Truck Sim/base/map' to 'documents/American Truck Sim/mod', started the game and went to editor, opened "usa.mbd" but no change was made to what i previously did. Did i do that right? Still no save for me.
Last edited by Flemming V on 23 Apr 2017 08:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Please don't quote entire post or post right above.

bobgrey1997

#4 Post by bobgrey1997 » 07 May 2017 23:58

Here is what you need to do:
1: Edit the map as you chose in Editor.
2: Save map
3: Go to Steam/steamapps/common/American Truck Simulator/base/map
4: Make a new folder somewhere else (Possible on Desktop or Documents) and name it "map"
5: Go back to the folder you opened in step 3 and move the usa folder and usa.mbd to your new map folder from step 4
6: Use a program like 7Zip and right click on your step 4 map folder, hover over 7Zip and click "send to archive"
7: Make sure the format is "zip" and the compression level is "store". The name should by default be "map.zip" but rename it "map.scs"
8: Move "map.scs" to your mods folder at Documents/American Truck Simulator/mods
9: Start game
10: open console with ~ and type "edit usa"

The game reads the mod folder first, before it reads base or def, and any matching files will be opened from mods, so the usa/mbd and usa folder will open from mods (your edited version) and override the default from base.

Hope this helps. If there is any complications or confusion, either just reply or PM me and I will do my best to help out.
Now? Back to the Happy Mapping!

bobgrey1997

#5 Post by bobgrey1997 » 19 May 2017 19:06

Did you get the problem solved?
Now? Back to the Happy Mapping!

Return to “Help requests”