Updateing standalone trailer mod to latest game version

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
simo58

Updateing standalone trailer mod to latest game version

#1 Post by simo58 » 11 Jan 2017 20:15

Hi lads hows everyone doing,Im wondering does anybody know how to update a trailer to 1.26 as in showing up in all companys.Ive had a look online for a video tutorial or step by step guide but nothing seems to be showing about this.The trailer is an old enough version,it still works but does not be available as much as Id like.Any help at all would very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Simo58

m1keY

Re: Updateing standalone trailer mod to latest game version

#2 Post by m1keY » 11 Jan 2017 21:50

U could take a look inside a trailermod that has the latest companies and go from there

adding some new def-files should do it 8-)

simo58

#3 Post by simo58 » 11 Jan 2017 22:44

@m1keY thanks for your suggestion would I only have to edit the def files or would I have edit cargo too?

m1keY

#4 Post by m1keY » 12 Jan 2017 00:40

there are new companies so u might wanna do that... U could look in the company folder (extracted game) and see the new names
add those new into the mod ... 8-) copy content in one of the existing companyfolders (in / out ) to the new folders - one way of doing it ;)

simo58

#5 Post by simo58 » 12 Jan 2017 01:02

@ m1keY Yes mate I have that done and still not showing more often.I'm thinking maybe its the cargo def I need to edit so it can be available when I'm choosing a trailer

m1keY

#6 Post by m1keY » 12 Jan 2017 12:40

I'm not sure, maybe completely remove the companyfolder and see if it works better ( if no folder it might spawn it everywhere, my guess )

And to make it appear more often - U need to see how much cargo it has been given, maybe it's notthat much.

U could use MODS STUDIO /ETS2Studio to give it more ..... link :arrow: Image

short description .....

choose any trailer in the list....

just pic a image...

the important step...same name as the trailer U want these extra cargoes for

then...pick every one..or as many U like ....

final step ...drag all the new cargoes to the trailermod U have made the cargoes for...

did this for a trailer I made standalone for private use ( original author Truckskill )
new profile and the changes made to this mod ( more cargoes)

appears in the freight market... not much discovered so it's limited..anyhow

andthe trailermod folderstructure with this applied...

If anyone else knows this better than me, hope they can share their information ( if it's made in an easier way I would like to know it too ) :P

simo58

#7 Post by simo58 » 12 Jan 2017 17:47

@m1keY Thanks a lot for the help I managed to sort it I just added more cargo types to the def file and all the new companies and seemed to show up a lot more now.
Thanks for your help

Return to “Help requests”