[ATS/ETS, TOOL] Mods Studio 2 v.2024.01 [16.03.2024]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Jisse33

Re: [ATS/ETS, TOOL] Mods Studio 2 v.2020.07 [31.07.2020]

#771 Post by Jisse33 » 06 Dec 2020 22:03

Hi everyone, keen to make my own skins, I decided to give Mods Studio a try. After downloading, could not open ModsStudio2UI.exe file, nothing happens ... If anyone can tell me what I times to do, thanks.
pete_agreatguy

General Troubleshooting Tips and Export Error Fixes

#772 Post by pete_agreatguy » 07 Dec 2020 12:45

GENERAL TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

(scroll down for Export Error Fixes)

Please check the following:
  1. That your system meets the system requirements, including operating system being 64 bit (i.e. Windows # 64 bit).

https://www.mods.studio/tutorials/dealing-with-issues
  2. Check you are using the latest version of Mods Studio 2 (1st post of this thread). As with any software; it is important to be using the latest version due to bug fixes and game coding updates which would have been implemented.
  3. Check that your Windows is up to date - How do I do this?.
  4. Is Mods Studio 2 installed in either the "Program Files" or the "Program Files (x86)" folders? If no, skip this step. If yes, uninstall and reinstall Mods Studio 2 outside the latter folders and on to a root of a drive instead (e.g. C:\Mods Studio 2, E:\Mods Studio 2 ... etc).
  5. Check you have the correct .net desktop runtime 64 bit Example Screenshot
    (a) for MS2 v2020.10 or earlier you require v3

(b) for MS2 v2021.01 to v2022.01 you require v5

(c) for MS2 v2022.03 and above you require v7

Restart your device after installing the latter, even if not asked to do so as it will help.
  6. If you are still having issues; try disabling (temporarily) any anti-virus and then loading the program. If it works, you need to add an exception to your anti-virus software in order for the program to run :) Select your anti-virus: Windows Defender, AVAST, AVG, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, McAffee, Malwarebytes, Norton etc.

We recommend adding the following folders:
    (a) Documents \ Mods Studio 2 \ Temp
    (b) The main Mod Studio 2 folder (e.g. C:\Mod Studio 2).
  7. If you are still having issues, try disabling (temporarily) Windows 10 Ransomware Protection. Try running the program. If it loads, then you need to add an exception for Windows 10 Ransomware Protection. See the following links for aid:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/113 ... -10-a.html

and ...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 51e912b034
  8. If still having issues; try installing the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 64 bit). Restart your device after installing the latter, even if not asked to do so as it will help.
  9. If still having issues, open your Start Menu > Command Prompt (as admin) > type "sfc /scannow" (without the speech marks) and press enter ... let the scan finish. If it ends and fixes errors, reboot and try again :) If it doesn't find any errors then simply close the window and reply.
  10. If after doing all the above, MS2 still does not work. You can try installing the Software Development Kit. See this example screen shot as you need to make sure you get the latest SDK x64 bit version.

For MS2 v2010.10 or earlier, download and install .net core 3.#.# SDK x64.

For MS2 v2021.01 to v2022.01, download and install .net core 5.#.# SDK x64.

For MS2 v2022.03 and later, download and install .net core 7.#.# SDK x64.

Restart your device after installing the latter, even if not asked to do so as it will help.
If none of the above have got you up and running please contact support via the web site; bottom of this page, or join our discord and ask for aid on there.

MOD EXPORT FAILURE ERROR FIXES
Error messages are listed in alphabetical order (first word).

You will need to click on the button "Show Error log" in order to ascertain the error as to why your mod export failed; pay attention to the "Message:" which is provided in this log.
  1. Error: "A generic error occurred in GDI+."

Cause and fix: This is related to either (a) too many templates in your project, or (b) write permissions for where you load and/or save your images.

If (a) then try reducing the amount of templates in your project by creating a new project and migrating the x2 .scs files together as one after exporting both within MS2.

If (b), then please see the solutions under point 1 (Access to the path).
  2. Error: "Access to the path" `\?\C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Mods Studio 2 ...` is denied." message (several folder path possibilities here).

Possible Causes (inc. the fix):

a) Anti Virus and/or Anti Malware is blocking access. FIX = See General Tips above to add exceptions for the Mods Studio 2 temp directories :)

b) If anti virus is not the issue; try to uninstall MS2; including delete the folder "Mods Studio 2" within "Documents". Reboot your device. Re-install Mods Studio 2. Reboot your device and then try.

c) Mods Studio 2 is installed in "Program Files" or the "Program Files (x86)" directory which does not allow certain permissions. FIX = Re-install Mods Studio 2 to the root directory of a chosen drive (e.g. C:\Mods Studio 2, D:\Mods Studio 2, E:\Mods Studio 2 etc).

d) If the path contains "OneDrive" or similar (Google Drive, Dropbox etc), or you know you use these to sync your documents folder. Then set these up so that they do not sync the Mods Studio 2 "Documents \ Mods Studio 2 \ Temp" folder. How? See the following links: One Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox.

e) Windows 11 System Permissions issues. FIX = Those who have upgraded to Windows 11 straight from Windows 10; rather than doing a full clean install of Windows 11, you need to re-install Mods Studio 2. Uninstall Mods Studio 2; including deleting the "Documents > Mods Studio 2" folder as well (important step). Restart your device prior to re-installing Mods Studio 2.
  3. Error: "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Mods Studio 2 ...'"

Cause and fix: Anti-virus is blocking rights during export. To fix, add the exceptions mentioned in point (6) above to your anti-virus. Reboot your device afterwards and you will then be able to export without issue.
  4. Error: "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Drawing.Common, Version=#.#.#.#, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=################'. The system cannot find the file specified.
    StackTrace : ..."

This is a Mods Studio 2 bug related to .Net. Please report this directly to the devs asap (preferably via discord - there is a join link at the bottom of this post).
  5. Error: "... DirectXTex failed ..."

Cause and fix: Your device requires some missing file system files in order to complete this task. FIX = Download and install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 64 bit. Make sure to select the 64 bit exe (vc_redist.x64.exe)! After this has been installed; please reboot your device prior to running Mods Studio 2.

6. Error: " ... The file can not be found. Check the file name and then try again." FIX = ... Please try adding the following Mods Studio 2 folders as exceptions to windows defender ...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 01afe13b26

(a) Documents \ Mods Studio 2 \ Temp
    (b) The main Mod Studio 2 folder (e.g. C:\Mod Studio 2)

Then try exporting your mod.

If it still provides the error, then turn off controlled folder access:

- Select Start > Settings
    - Choose Update & security > Windows Defender
    - Select Open Windows Defender Security Center
    - Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings
    - Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off
    - Reboot and then try
  7. Error: "The process cannot access the file `C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Mods Studio 2 ...` because it is being used by another process."

Cause and fix: Mods Studio 2 is trying to convert one or more image files into game format images (.dds) but cannot gain the access to the original file because it is still open in another application. This other application could be, but not limited to: Photo editor (e.g. Paint.net, GIMP, Photoshop etc) or Image Previewer (e.g. Photos) or other application. FIX = Simply close all applications which are accessing your original image files.
  8. Error: "The system cannot find the file specified."

Cause and fix: The cause is slightly unknown but it is something to do with Windows. Reinstalling MS2 seems to fix the issue.
  9. Error: "Out of memory."

Cause and fix: Windows Defender anti-virus feature "controlled folder access". See the following Microsoft article on how to add Mods Studio 2 so Windows Defender allows this folder access: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 51e912b034
  10. Error: "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream"

Cause and fix: It looks like the activation cannot correctly read your activation file. This is probably because your activation file is (much) older than the software. The simple solution is to delete the "UserData.m2b" file in your "Documents \ Mods Studio" folder, and to run the activation again, using the latest Activation Wizard. The Activation wizard is in your MS2 folder.
If none of the above have got you up and running please contact support via the web site; bottom of this page, or join our discord and ask for aid on there.
Last edited by pete_agreatguy on 27 Mar 2024 21:36, edited 49 times in total.
Please check out my mods, ty 8-) WoT :)

Mods Studio 2 Dev (create mods the easy way)

Enthoo Pro TG, SS 850W Plat, Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII, AMD 5700X, 32GB 3600mhz, Sapphire 7800XT 16GB, Kingston & Samsung nvme, Win 10 Pro x64
Jisse33

#773 Post by Jisse33 » 07 Dec 2020 17:17

@pete_agreatguy

Hello
Actually no errors ... the program just does not run, as if the exe file was inoperative

Incidentally ... I am in windows 8.1, can this have an impact ?

Otherwise I downloaded SDK.net core 3 and the other file also without success

I will see with Visual Studio 2015 and disable my antivirus to see what happens

Thank you for your reply
pete_agreatguy

#774 Post by pete_agreatguy » 07 Dec 2020 18:24

Make sure your Windows is 64 bit (Press your Windows key + Pause/Break key together at the same time), it will tell you in there if you have 32 bit or 64 bit.

Enthoo Pro TG, SS 850W Plat, Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII, AMD 5700X, 32GB 3600mhz, Sapphire 7800XT 16GB, Kingston & Samsung nvme, Win 10 Pro x64
XTeRX

#775 Post by XTeRX » 09 Dec 2020 12:25

Why I Can't paint accessories in tuning pack actros? Where is this?
<a href=https://zapodaj.net/b1d5bd4f297d3.png.h ... 125.png</a>
WerewolfCustoms

#777 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 14 Dec 2020 07:35

Mods Studio 2 v.2020.10 released!

[ external image ]

Here's a quick overview of new features:
  • Added ETS2 traffic trucks: Renault Premium & Scania R (2009)
  • Added ATS traffic truck: Mack Anthem
  • Added accessory preview images for two ETS2 trailers: SCS Box & SCS Food Tanker
  • Added Freightliner Cascadia support (ATS)
  • Added support for Volvo DLC accessories (ETS2)
  • Added support for Mercedes DLC accessories (ETS2)
  • Improved coupling of traffic trucks and trailers (PRO feature)
  • Improved loading of vehicles from mods/folders
  • Various smaller UI improvements and bugfixes
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

You can get it on our Download page! :)
LuskaSRS

Re: [ATS/ETS, TOOL] Mods Studio 2 v.2020.10 [07.12.2020]

#778 Post by LuskaSRS » 28 Dec 2020 17:55

I'm having problems with version v.2020.10, whenever I try to export a model, the message "Export failed!" and the "Show Error Log" button is grayed out, I can't click. I use Windows 10, x64, I have .NET Core 3.1 installed. Sorry for the bad English, I'm from Brazil and I'm using Google Translate. I appreciate if anyone can help me.
though the night may be dark, a new day brings new light.

and yes, i'm brazillian, so don't expect too much from my english.
pete_agreatguy

#779 Post by pete_agreatguy » 28 Dec 2020 18:39

LuskaSRS wrote: 28 Dec 2020 17:55 I'm having problems with version v.2020.10, whenever I try to export a model, the message "Export failed!" and the "Show Error Log" button is grayed out, I can't click. I use Windows 10, x64, I have .NET Core 3.1 installed. Sorry for the bad English, I'm from Brazil and I'm using Google Translate. I appreciate if anyone can help me.
Check to see if the model you are trying to export has a "data.sii" file.

If it has a file "data.sii" please provide a screenshot of the error you are receiving; otherwise if it is missing, then you need to create a "data.sii" file :)

This file will be located in (e.g.):

Code: Select all

def\vehicle\truck\daf.xf_euro6\data.sii

LuskaSRS

#780 Post by LuskaSRS » 28 Dec 2020 21:25

That is not the problem I am having. It happens after adding the templates. I was trying to make a skin for the Freightliner Cascadia, and when I went to export the error message appeared.
though the night may be dark, a new day brings new light.

and yes, i'm brazillian, so don't expect too much from my english.

Return to “Others”