Custom Cargoes

JBM

Custom Cargoes

#1 Post by JBM » 01 Aug 2020 10:32

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has already been asked. I didn't find anything in search results. :?

Can I create a new custom cargo type that I can haul with a trailer I just made a skin for? For example, can I make a cargo type called "Sports Equipment" that I can haul using a trailer I just made a "Adidas" skin for?

I've seen custom cargo packs in the past, but never used any. So I have no idea where to start.

I hope that makes sense! Any help would be greatly appreciated guys! :D

LAFAYET47

Re: Custom Cargoes

#2 Post by LAFAYET47 » 01 Aug 2020 14:42

@JBM

Sure you can, take as inspiration this example mod I made --> https://sharemods.com/gfsg13wend2p/spor ... o.zip.html

If you want the cargo to spawn in other companies, just do as I did in this mod. You need to extract games files, go to def/company and drag and drop the company folders on def/company of the mod I made. You will also need to fill the in and out folders inside the company name folder with the file I provided in def/company/stokes/in and def/company/stokes/out

Also take into account that if you leave vanilla body_types (found in def/vehicle/trailer_defs/nameoftrailer) then it will be harder to pick your custom cargo, because it´s just one and does not spawn in many companies, vanilla cargoes will spawn in a much bigger quantity . To avoid this you should change the body_type to one of your liking and also the cargo file in def/cargo/sport_equip.sui and then you will only haul the sport equipment cargo all the time.

Hope this helped a little bit.

JBM

#3 Post by JBM » 01 Aug 2020 16:03

Thanks for your reply. Thank you also for making an example mod for me to get me started!

I'll have a play and see what happens. Wish me luck! :)

JBM

#4 Post by JBM » 02 Aug 2020 12:41

All working well so far! :)

Is the cargo delivery data randomised, or can that be specified too? For instance, can I set the following parameters for cargo:

- delivery urgency
- specific cities to collect the cargo
- specific cities to deliver the cargo

Also, is it possible to edit the cargo market UI icon to create a custom one?

Return to “Help requests”