Transmission shift points since 1.37+

ilovevolvo

Transmission shift points since 1.37+

#1 Post by ilovevolvo » 02 Aug 2020 02:56

Hi

I noticed that my custom shifting patterns are half broken now and nothing seems to get them back to how they were.

It appears the game is hard coded to upshift at 1500ish rpm no matter what.

adaptive value for high power went from 3 to 1.677777 and changing that in config to higher has no effect.

adjusting the numbers in the engine file also has no effect. at full throttle it still shifts at 1550ish, except gear 1 where it slips to 1800.

What has changed and how do i rectify this to be able to get my allison to shift properly again.

please absolutely note that this is not a discussion of where you think xyz engine on xyz truck should shift, this is about how do we, the modders get our control over shifting points back, which now seem to be hard coded
Sometimes i stream boring drives. >> https://www.twitch.tv/nehalim_ (with the underscore behind it)

ilovevolvo

Re: Transmission shift points since 1.37+

#2 Post by ilovevolvo » 02 Aug 2020 04:36

After changing everything in every possible way, it appears they inverted the uset g_adaptive_shift values.

as to 3 = no power mode and 1.6777 = high power mode.

it now appears to be a multiplier to the numbers that adjust the actual shift point, again by inverse (???). basically you have to lower it to get custom shift points working.

like so

uset g_adaptive_shift "1.0667"

i will play with this value further. but seriously, how hard is it to tell us these things?? every patch i spend more time fixing things than playing

without adjusting that in the profile, nothing of what you do in the engine files will matter. game will ignore it and use default pattern. keep in mind game will overwrite the profile at random and set it back to default value.. i think if you change something (some options? all options? any options? ) it will default to that so you have to keep going back in the txt file and manually alter. reeeeeeeeee
Sometimes i stream boring drives. >> https://www.twitch.tv/nehalim_ (with the underscore behind it)

mgysgtdev

#3 Post by mgysgtdev » 02 Aug 2020 10:11

I preffered the shifting points from 1.37. I have a dual stage gaspedal from a real truck. And with these new shifting points it doesn't work anymore how it should work. If someone finds a solution please let us know. Ill help by looking for things to edit myself
Proud owner of a homemade DAF XF105 Simpit

ilovevolvo

#4 Post by ilovevolvo » 05 Aug 2020 00:52

Yep. After even more tweaking the downshift is messed up... it tends to not downshift as it should (as it did). It holds a gear at 1000 at full throttle more often than not. At least i got the upshifts dialed in... feather throttle, half, full. But the downshift logic has me stumped.

i guess im skipping patch 1.38 as well. just not worth my time anymore.

Return to “Help requests”