NaturaLux working in 1.38 and 1.39

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
tajana_g

Re: NaturaLux working in 1.38 and 1.39

#111 Post by tajana_g » 22 Dec 2020 21:13

I find it disappointing for the creator. He did put in so much effort and dedication and then the mod was just officially running for one game version. If I would have known that I had taken more screenshots at that time :( The few I have still amaze me and make me hope for the scs light update...
Still one of my most favorite mods but anyway my graphic card says thanks because it doesnt get cooked anymore from the crazy amount particles when it rains...
Omisake

#112 Post by Omisake » 23 Dec 2020 04:56

Well, the forum and download portal for NL is now gone too eh? Damn, seriously such a shame because it really is my favourite graphics mod. Feel like we're just trying to keep holding on to it until a future update will kill it for good, unless Kirill comes back to update it himself. Although I know he has enough on his plate as is with real life stuff. Hope all is well with him and he's doing alright. I'm still running Naturalux on 1.39 but it's gonna be a really dark day when I have to ditch it for good...
Somewhere in Europe in my Scania R...
Pfc. Leyden

#114 Post by Pfc. Leyden » 23 Dec 2020 20:27

Actually, it ain't that bad, that the forums and main page has been taken down, at least now you know that NL is "dead", ofc it would have been nice to have like an "official" notification, but who knows about Kirill's circumstances...

Luckily sooner or later, the new SCS graphics will come, finally! In the beginning I was somewhat sceptical as to how much they'll be able to compete with NL, but it seems from the pictures so far, and ofc they're just WIP, that it'll look really great.
Watermark

#115 Post by Watermark » 30 Dec 2020 09:12

Friends, what do you think, should I provide a download link for the full mod, given the fact the creator has pulled the plug on the site and everything? Or would that be wrong somehow?
Jolakottur

#116 Post by Jolakottur » 30 Dec 2020 10:24

My neutral take would be : If someone really wants it, it's easy enough to find it just with a couple of clicks on Google. Thus you won't even have to worry whether it's ethical or not, hypocritical or not, 100% risk free legally or not, to share or not share what now strongly resembles an abandonware :)
2slow4u

#117 Post by 2slow4u » 30 Dec 2020 12:43

I stubbornly continue to use it. I also have JBX 2 (payware) but still prefer Naturalux. In the meantime, I simply tried to solve the incompatibility problems. Not only that, for about a month I have been working to adapt the ETS2 version of Naturalux to ATS and the results are very satisfying. To the point that when 1.40 comes out, I will definitely avoid updating for a while. Then if 1.40 turns out to be miraculous, then we can discuss it.

[ external image ]
Corsair Obsidian 450D : Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 5 : i7 6700 : Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (2 x 8 Gb) : Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6G : EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W : Focusrite Saffire LE : Linux Manjaro : Windows 7 64 bit
Jolakottur

#118 Post by Jolakottur » 30 Dec 2020 17:01

Wow, nice work, it does look sweet indeed ! I wasn't really hooked either on JBX 1.6.3.2 nor 1.6.3.3...it got a little better but still had that unpleasant instagrammic feel. That was until yesterday's latest update : every single nitpick i could find is gone, I just love it
2slow4u

#119 Post by 2slow4u » 30 Dec 2020 22:21

Jolakottur wrote: 30 Dec 2020 17:01 I wasn't really hooked either on JBX 1.6.3.2 nor 1.6.3.3...it got a little better but still had that unpleasant instagrammic feel. That was until yesterday's latest update : every single nitpick i could find is gone, I just love it
One question: do you also use his reshade profile? However, I only covered a few hundred miles with the latest JBX2. It is probably better than before, but in essence I think that the images continue to be basically those typical of the other versions. Images at times very effective, but which still seem unnatural to me, artificial. A lot of contrast, a lot of shadows, very dark shadows. Evidently this is the kind of images the author is looking for. But maybe with his reshade profile, the situation changes, I don't know. For sure (unfortunately) I much prefer NL, for me more "real" and natural to the eye. But they are also personal tastes.
Corsair Obsidian 450D : Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 5 : i7 6700 : Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (2 x 8 Gb) : Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6G : EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W : Focusrite Saffire LE : Linux Manjaro : Windows 7 64 bit
Jolakottur

#120 Post by Jolakottur » 31 Dec 2020 08:56

Tried his own reshade but wasn't too convinced by the added effect. Then I threw another reshade, which is originally not intended to work with JBX nor on ATS (for now, it's only supposed to be ETS2) : JD6's Kyng. Except for a couple of very bright midday sunny skies that turn nearly white with this preset on, I absolutely loved the result : it kicks up the lighting quite sensibly - not that the original felt kind of washed out, though - emphasizes on the skyboxes, and brightens the whole scene without the old JBX burnt filter effect. Actually, it reminded me a lot of what I obtained on ETS with Naturalux !

In the end, as you said, it's a matter of personal taste. We are lucky to have so many different quality options, and even depending on our moods, location chosen, or time of the year, one could get preference over the others. NL, PNG PE, JBX may look more 'high end' than others, they sometimes miss a bit of soul, or comfy feel such as with Grimes Early Autumn.

Return to “Help requests”