Logitech G27: Force feedback loss

Roamer

Re: Logitech G27: Force feedback loss

#11 Post by Roamer » 10 Jul 2013 15:57

Flemming V wrote:You need to unpack the base.scs file and edit the file from there, then you need to pack this one file into a MOD and place it in your MOD folder in user folder.
I made it for you, you can download it here:
FFB.zip
Let me know if it help you.
That was very helpful making the file - thanks. Unpacking my version of base.scs I couldn't find force_feedback.sii in any base folder (using a search engine with wild cards etc.) and so cannot quote it's relative address in the packed mod file (I did try it anyway as root and SCS profile edit recognised it ticked in the MOD folder but couldn't implement it I guess). On the other hand, the program is said to be working as expected so it must be reading the engine on/off f/b data from somewhere. If you could please quote me what base folder it should be in I'll have another look.

Thetrucksimaddict

#12 Post by Thetrucksimaddict » 10 Jul 2013 17:28

Thanks flemming, I downloaded the ffb.rar and adjusted that slightly, it works like a dream now :D

Flemming V
Global moderator

#13 Post by Flemming V » 10 Jul 2013 18:40

Roamer wrote:
Flemming V wrote:You need to unpack the base.scs file and edit the file from there, then you need to pack this one file into a MOD and place it in your MOD folder in user folder.
I made it for you, you can download it here:
FFB.zip
Let me know if it help you.
That was very helpful making the file - thanks. Unpacking my version of base.scs I couldn't find force_feedback.sii in any base folder (using a search engine with wild cards etc.) and so cannot quote it's relative address in the packed mod file (I did try it anyway as root and SCS profile edit recognised it ticked in the MOD folder but couldn't implement it I guess). On the other hand, the program is said to be working as expected so it must be reading the engine on/off f/b data from somewhere. If you could please quote me what base folder it should be in I'll have another look.
Sorry, this is my fault. I told you base.scs but what I should have told you was def.scs. Sorry.. The file is in def.scs
You can use my file, the you do not need to unpack def.scs
Thetrucksimaddict wrote:Thanks flemming, I downloaded the ffb.rar and adjusted that slightly, it works like a dream now :D
Your welcome. ;)

thunderhawk

#14 Post by thunderhawk » 13 Jul 2013 11:26

Thetrucksimaddict wrote:Thanks flemming, I downloaded the ffb.rar and adjusted that slightly, it works like a dream now :D
I'm using the G25, but the same goes for me. - Thanks for the file and infos!

Best regards,
Stefan

supric

#15 Post by supric » 15 Jul 2013 06:18

Flemming V wrote:
centering_engine_off: 9.0
What about this param? Is there centering force when engine is off? It must depend of speed and steering angle, not engine state.

Also i can't catch sharp centering on my G27, i have a big backlash in center position...

When i driving my car i have almost constant centering force on all speed and angle, with a sharp center position. And i can't get it from ETS2.

Flemming V
Global moderator

#16 Post by Flemming V » 15 Jul 2013 06:57

supric wrote:
Flemming V wrote:
centering_engine_off: 9.0
What about this param? Is there centering force when engine is off? It must depend of speed and steering angle, not engine state.

Also i can't catch sharp centering on my G27, i have a big backlash in center position...

When i driving my car i have almost constant centering force on all speed and angle, with a sharp center position. And i can't get it from ETS2.
This param is how strong force should be when you truck engine is off.

supric

#17 Post by supric » 15 Jul 2013 07:43

Flemming V wrote:This param is how strong force should be when you truck engine is off.
i.e. when truck is moving on a neutral with engine is off? Not useful :)

I think there have to be an array which defines centering force in depends of speed and angle... it's not linear on modern cars.

Now i set in force_feedback.sii centering_engine_on param to a very big value (5000) and decrease overall effect strength to 25-30% in logitech profiler. This way i have a small but constant centering force on all speeds except zero and sharpest feel of center steering wheel position, but still it's not enough...

Max
SCS Software

#18 Post by Max » 15 Jul 2013 08:29

supric wrote: i.e. when truck is moving on a neutral with engine is off? Not useful :)

I think there have to be an array which defines centering force in depends of speed and angle... it's not linear on modern cars.

Now i set in force_feedback.sii centering_engine_on param to a very big value (5000) and decrease overall effect strength to 25-30% in logitech profiler. This way i have a small but constant centering force on all speeds except zero and sharpest feel of center steering wheel position, but still it's not enough...
centering force IS computed from speed and wheels angle (it is not linear). but this force is different when engine is off or when engine is on - this is simulation of power steering - thus that two coefs.
game does not support constant centering force. this option you can set up in your drivers and disable in game.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

supric

#19 Post by supric » 15 Jul 2013 08:56

Max wrote:centering force IS computed from speed and wheels angle (it is not linear).
I want to know it's coeff's or full formula, if possible. Can you share it?
but this force is different when engine is off or when engine is on - this is simulation of power steering - thus that two coefs.
That's clear for me now. I forgot that i can move on a neutral with engine switched off :)
game does not support constant centering force. this option you can set up in your drivers and disable in game.
I don't want a constant force. I need a such as logarythmic dependence :)
But constant (that falls to zero when a speed is zero) is closer to logarythmic than linear.
But maybe i'm wrong, if dependence is not linear. So i need to know formula realized in game.

Or maybe those non-linear coeff's would be moved to force_feedback.sii.

Dalgaard

#20 Post by Dalgaard » 17 Jul 2013 08:19

i got the 1.4.1 patch (had only ori. game) and now my force feedback is gone, whatever i do i cant get any difference in adjusting sliders in game it stays at same stiffness, centering and so on, only in my Logitech profiler i can switch force on and off, literally. i have a g 27

on original version i had no problem i could adjust it just fine.

ps. its the same with and without engine on

please help :)

Return to “bugs 1.4.1”