Game randomly kicks me back to the main menu while driving.

Poolmike

Re: Game randomly kicks me back to the main menu while drivi

#11 Post by Poolmike » 19 Jul 2013 10:58

Johan wrote:I am encountering a bug which makes the game pretty much unplayable after updating the game to v1.4.1.

After selecting a quick job and driving around for a few minutes, the game suddenly kicks me back to the main menu as if nothing happened.

It looks like it 'cancelled' the job i was completing. I did not lose/gain any money/XP or whatsoever.

This has happened 3 times in a row now in less than half an hour, very randomly, after driving around for less than 10 minutes. Each time i was driving around in a different truck, using a different trailer and selecting a different job.

I deselected all mods i was using and tried again to make sure none of these mods was causing this problem but unfortunately the bug still persists. There is no error message and i am able to start a new job.

Will start a new game and see if it happens again. Perhaps it could have something to do with my 1.3.1 savegame but i highly doubt it.

EDIT:

started a new game, completed two jobs and so far so good. It looks like my 1.3.1 savegame was causing the issue. Will keep testing it thoroughly the next few days to make sure it's 100% fixed.

If others are/were experiencing the same issue, please let us know.
I had exactly the same problem with 1.4.1. I deleted all files and profiles I had on 1.3.1. And since then, no problem. I had no mods installed, and as I'd only got to level 4, this was not too concerning.
Johan

#12 Post by Johan » 19 Jul 2013 11:35

Thank you for posting, Prokman and Poolmike.

A few days ago, i created a new profile without mods to see if the problem would happen again. It looks like the problem is gone (i'm at level 6 now).

Now, i would like to start all over again with another new profile but this time with mods. I'm still not sure whether the problem i described is solved by creating a new profile, regardless of what mods i then start to add, but if somebody can confirm this, please do.
Prokman

#13 Post by Prokman » 19 Jul 2013 11:38

Poolmike wrote:I had exactly the same problem with 1.4.1. I deleted all files and profiles I had on 1.3.1. And since then, no problem. I had no mods installed, and as I'd only got to level 4, this was not too concerning.
You say that you had no mods at all. Good to know that. This proves that it's not a mod involving problem to the transition to the new version, but a general (official) problem with the transition from 1.3.1 to 1.4.1 (if i'm not mistaken).

Τherefore i may expect developer help in my case (regarding a possible patch fix), because i can't afford to lose my profile :).
Last edited by Prokman on 19 Jul 2013 11:54, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “bugs 1.4.1”