installing patches

ifelldown

installing patches

#1 Post by ifelldown » 15 Jul 2013 15:39

I was reading the official blog page ant it was stated to post issues here in the forum under the most recent patch.

I have a steam account on which I play ETS2. I can't get the account to update with any of the patches. The only way to run anything is to enable the "allow beta" option in the steam game library menu. It states that this is temporarily allowing the update.

Is there a way to update the steam game client for ETS2? Would it be possible to automatically update via steam in the future?

Lastly, what are we supposed to be doing to install these patches? there aren't any instructions with the updates.

Any help would be appreciated. I love the game, so I would really welcome the ability to stay current with the updates.

Thank you!
YarikRussia

Re: installing patches

#2 Post by YarikRussia » 15 Jul 2013 15:43

ifelldown wrote:I was reading the official blog page ant it was stated to post issues here in the forum under the most recent patch.

I have a steam account on which I play ETS2. I can't get the account to update with any of the patches. The only way to run anything is to enable the "allow beta" option in the steam game library menu. It states that this is temporarily allowing the update.

Is there a way to update the steam game client for ETS2? Would it be possible to automatically update via steam in the future?

Lastly, what are we supposed to be doing to install these patches? there aren't any instructions with the updates.

Any help would be appreciated. I love the game, so I would really welcome the ability to stay current with the updates.

Thank you!
For Steam versions of the game patches are not available yet, as far as I know!
hippo

#3 Post by hippo » 15 Jul 2013 15:50

ifelldown wrote:I was reading the official blog page ant it was stated to post issues here in the forum under the most recent patch.

Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=22699

I think the "beta" patch on steam is the same as the patches SCS are releasing on their blog. Choose the beta patch and you will be current.

Steam will automatically update the latest official patch once SCS are happy with it and release it to steam.

The blog clearly states these patches are not official yet, they are still bug testing and trying to iron out the kinks.

"Please note that the link below is NOT FOR EVERYBODY. Only download and apply it if you are ready to volunteer to test a potentially unstable BETA VERSION of the game. We believe it's bringing fixes for a few problems discovered in 1.4.1, but so far not enough internal testing was done to make sure it's stable enough - this very build is intended to be this test. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK."

"Keep in mind that this is not a beta completely open to anybody. It's only going to work with a genuine and valid Product Key. Also, do not try to apply it to the Steam edition of the game. Steam users will soon get access to such experimental daily builds too though, using the system of Steam beta branches"
MartinoPio

#4 Post by MartinoPio » 15 Jul 2013 17:04

The problem of Steam users is that the game is placed in a different location than the classic C:\Programs
Wexu

#5 Post by Wexu » 15 Jul 2013 19:49

If u want to play 1.4.5 Follow this:

Right click on ETS2 > Preferences > Beta > Check the "temporary145 - Temporary 1.4.5 for early access"

I think if we want to play actual patch of the game, we must wait ... Unfortunately, the penalty for buying our ets on steam.
If you have any question - write to me on Steam! But remember! I do not keep anyone 'stranger' on my friends list.
[ external image ]
ifelldown

#6 Post by ifelldown » 18 Jul 2013 16:07

Thanks for all the responses! I'll just hang on for a bit like the rest of the steam users.

Return to “Bugs 1.4.5”