Randomly losing job [2677]

Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: Randomly losing job [2677]

#71 Post by Flemming V » 27 Jul 2013 18:43

n4gix wrote:Is it even possible to have a "pirated" version when it comes from Steam??? :?
This is a wild guess, but what if someone got some pirated Serial keys before they was blocked and used them within steam?
Then at a later time when SCS block these (and trust me, they will), then this happen in a steam game as well.
I don't know if this is possible, but maybe?
zBobG

#72 Post by zBobG » 27 Jul 2013 20:01

Flemming V wrote:what if someone got some pirated Serial keys before they was blocked and used them within steam?
That's worth investigating.

I just want to say I never have had anything but a legal version of the game installed.

I have also not yet run the 1.4.8s version of ETS2 so I can't say whether I have the disappearing trailer problem. So what I detail below may be completely irrelevant.

I bought ETS2 on pre-order from SCS directly, that was before it was available on Steam. I activated that "retail" version with the supplied key, consequently I have a registry entry that records a hash of the retail key. Later I activated ETS2 on Steam with that retail key, downloaded and installed the Steam version and deleted (removed) the retail version of ETS2.

The registry entry for that "retail" key remains even though it is not used by the Steam version (to my knowledge).

If a "pirate" key (or simply a bad key) was still present in the registry, even if not used by a legal Steam version of ETS2, could the presence of that registry entry cause the problem?
madjeff

#73 Post by madjeff » 27 Jul 2013 20:29

zBobG wrote:
Flemming V wrote:what if someone got some pirated Serial keys before they was blocked and used them within steam?
That's worth investigating.

I just want to say I never have had anything but a legal version of the game installed.

I have also not yet run the 1.4.8s version of ETS2 so I can't say whether I have the disappearing trailer problem. So what I detail below may be completely irrelevant.

I bought ETS2 on pre-order from SCS directly, that was before it was available on Steam. I activated that "retail" version with the supplied key, consequently I have a registry entry that records a hash of the retail key. Later I activated ETS2 on Steam with that retail key, downloaded and installed the Steam version and deleted (removed) the retail version of ETS2.

The registry entry for that "retail" key remains even though it is not used by the Steam version (to my knowledge).

If a "pirate" key (or simply a bad key) was still present in the registry, even if not used by a legal Steam version of ETS2, could the presence of that registry entry cause the problem?
An interesting point. In my case at least, I've never had ANY version of ETS2 installed prior to the Steam purchase, be it the demo, retail copy, pirated or otherwise. :D

Quite frankly as a hard-core combat flight sim guy and someone who grew up around trucks all my life, I thought this sim was a joke along the lines of Farm Simulator when I saw it in the Steam catalog. :lol:

But after seeing all the good reviews and it was on such a great sale I thought I would give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised and have been playing it fairly regularly since I bought it last week. Other than losing my trailers half the time I have no complaints, even considering buying another wheel & pedal controller as I sold my old CH Products rig years ago after gameport went the way of the dinosaurs. But I digress... ;)
Hippo123

#74 Post by Hippo123 » 28 Jul 2013 12:19

This look like a failed attempt at protecting the game from pirates. I have a 100% legal copy of the game and I'm having this issue. No mods or anything. Creating a new profile seemed to have fixed the problem but still, starting from scratch because of an update mess up is sloppy and unnecessary.
madjeff

#75 Post by madjeff » 30 Jul 2013 19:13

We may have found the cause. Check out the new thread for an update, but it looks like it's tied with unlocked CPU cores.
kusuma

#76 Post by kusuma » 20 Nov 2013 19:10

I have the same problem here. How to fix it?
Flemming V
Global moderator

#77 Post by Flemming V » 21 Nov 2013 11:38

Buy the game, and your problem will be history.
MattyPFromSoco

#78 Post by MattyPFromSoco » 09 May 2020 21:44

Win X64 works fine but i completely lose my job and everything when running win _86
Madkine
Global moderator

#79 Post by Madkine » 12 May 2020 01:50

@MattyPFromSoco
Are you sure you are using v1.4.6 of the game? Which is where you posted this.
This is a 6 year old version of the game.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “Bugs 1.4.6”