Speed Sign placement

Turt213

Speed Sign placement

#1 Post by Turt213 » 16 Jul 2013 09:08

I'm not sure if this is a "bug" per say, however I do feel there is a problem with the speed sign placement in the game.

Today I went from Dresden to Wroclaw. As I was leaving Dresden I saw a 50km sign, closely followed by a radar sign. Ok that's fair enough.
[ external image ]

Then just around the corner, I see the "you are leaving Dresden" sign, followed by another 50km sign & a unrestricted speed sign just past that.
[ external image ][ external image ]

And then a 90km sign just past that on the same corner???
[ external image ]

So I drive at 90km, get on to autobahn route 4 & cruise at 90km (because I'm a visa driver & have no idea what speed to do on the autobahn). Then I come across a 70km sign just before a parking area (that sounds correct, shame the servo station just before the parking area lucked out on some signage).
[ external image ]

Then another 70km sign at the end of the parking area (which I can only assume (ass-u-me) is for the truckie's who have forgotten what speed they where doing before they had a sleep)!!
[ external image ]

After the 70km sign is a 90km sign & then a unrestricted speed sign (nothing wrong here...we're winding up). The next sign is "down the road a bit" & it's a 90km (just before the turn off to Wroclaw) & the last sign is a 50km at the edge of Wroclaw. Also along this route (on the autobahn) three lanes merge into two without any signage at all (if I travel back this way I'll get the coordinates).

I have some questions SCS, if I may,
Q1: What is the purpose of the second 50km sign on the way out of Dresden?
Q2: Why is there a unrestricted speed sign just before a 90km on the way out of Dresden? Would it not be better to place the 90km sign closer to autobahn route 4 (if that is it's purpose)?
Q3: Is the second 70km sign for truckie's who have forgot the speed after sleeping :lol:
Q4: Is there a threshold area after the sign that I have to slow down? If so how many metres is it?

ps: Some where in my travels of Germany, there is a unrestricted speed sign & the next sign you come across says 50km. If you are like me & have an unrestricted truck with low brake intensity...good luck not getting busted.

Cheers Turt
ohaha

Re: Speed Sign placement

#2 Post by ohaha » 16 Jul 2013 19:33

A3: No, the fines (tickets) are issued only by speeding while in the radar detection area.
Retired, but still loving it.
Turt213

#3 Post by Turt213 » 17 Jul 2013 05:51

ohaha wrote:A3: No, the fines (tickets) are issued only by speeding while in the radar detection area.
I think you mean A4 :) Thank you for your answer.
ohaha

#4 Post by ohaha » 17 Jul 2013 18:50

Turt213 wrote:I think you mean A4 :)
true...
Retired, but still loving it.

Return to “Bugs 1.4.6”