Iveco Stralis Hi-Way right exhaust [2652]

fortunerayzor

Iveco Stralis Hi-Way right exhaust [2652]

#1 Post by fortunerayzor » 16 Jul 2013 15:22

I noticed a visual bug when I was configuring my Stralis Hi-way. I can't see right exhaust dot when I select UK interior.
[ external image ]
Right-hand version is ok:
[ external image ]

It's visible though the truck though (EDIT: this is UK version):
[ external image ]
BHS

Re: Iveco Stralis Hi-Way right exhaust

#2 Post by BHS » 16 Jul 2013 15:26

Well, it would seem to me, that you should have the exhaust on the opposite sides for UK/non-UK setups. The exhaust should always point away from the side of the road, your're driving at (in other words : towards the middle of the road).

I must say that I haven't tried this ingame, but I think I will have a look at it when I start playing tonight.

Regards,
BHS
Wolfi
Beta tester

#3 Post by Wolfi » 16 Jul 2013 15:36

BHS wrote:Well, it would seem to me, that you should have the exhaust on the opposite sides for UK/non-UK setups. The exhaust should always point away from the side of the road, your're driving at (in other words : towards the middle of the road).
On most trucks you are able to put the exhaust on both sides no matter what cabin you use.
This is clearly a bug. Quite strange actually. Cause UK interior uses another Cab model while the exhaust is placed on a chasis hookup point? o_o and yet it doesn't dissappear when you switch to UK interior.... Matrix plays tricks with us again...
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
fortunerayzor

#4 Post by fortunerayzor » 16 Jul 2013 15:46

I'll try to explain it better. You can configure exhausts on both sides on european version and it's working correctly. On UK version though there is a visual bug because you can't see the configuring button/dot for the right exhaust. It's visible though the truck as shown in the picture above.
hippo

#5 Post by hippo » 16 Jul 2013 15:57

can you select it on the other side of the truck? IE it goes yellow when you attack the dot from the other side?
Wolfi
Beta tester

#6 Post by Wolfi » 16 Jul 2013 15:58

Ok got that... but still don't have any idea what's causing it as this hookup point should be a chasis atachment not a cabin one...
Do you have any tunign mods installed?
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
fortunerayzor

#7 Post by fortunerayzor » 16 Jul 2013 17:02

hippo wrote:can you select it on the other side of the truck? IE it goes yellow when you attack the dot from the other side?
Yes you can select the dot on the left side of the UK truck normally. The thing with the right exhaust is that the dot is not visible directly (camera is looking to the right side of the truck) but it's visible from the front (didn't try rear).

I think I know what the problem is. The game thinks that the dot is visible from the left side of the truck and it's not showing when looking from the right side. These camera angles are just few degrees from each other. Both dots shows up exactly at the same time.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I hope that this is obvious now. A simple video would be better so if this is still not enough, I'll make one.
GT-Mike wrote:Ok got that... but still don't have any idea what's causing it as this hookup point should be a chasis atachment not a cabin one...
Do you have any tunign mods installed?
I don't have any mods installed.
fortunerayzor

#8 Post by fortunerayzor » 16 Jul 2013 17:15

Update: This bugs is related to all trucks. I quickly tried Scania and MAN and it's all the same. UK interior makes the right exhaust dot visible from the wrong side of the truck.
ohaha

#9 Post by ohaha » 16 Jul 2013 17:17

So, it seems they forgot one parameter, when they converted from lh drive.
Thanks for reporting.
Retired, but still loving it.
Michal
Site admin

Re: Iveco Stralis Hi-Way right exhaust [2652]

#10 Post by Michal » 18 Jul 2013 10:24

Fixed.

Will be included in patch.

Return to “Bugs 1.4.6”