Twister bullbar bug - update

Turt213

Twister bullbar bug - update

#1 Post by Turt213 » 17 Jul 2013 07:04

Hi,

I posted about this issue back in 1.4.1, and thought that I would update the SCS team with my findings.

This problem is still present in 1.4.6, if you don't know what I'm talking about, look here.

My findings on this issue,
The part that has the problem is called "frontgrill_01.pmg". Found in, base\vehicle\truck\upgrade\frontgrill
To fix the problem, you will need to lower the node named "slot_3" so that it lines up with the other nodes (slot_0,1,2)
The trucks effected by this are, the "daf_xf" & the "volvo_fh16_2009". So you will only need to edit "frontgrill\daf_xf\frontgrill_01.pmg" & "frontgrill\volvo_fh16_2009\frontgrill_01.pmg".

Quick question, is the "frontgrill_01.pmg" of the "mercedes_actros_2009" meant to be missing node slot_1 & 2? Because it is... What does this mean to players? It means you can only put 2 lights on the twister bullbar for the merc.

Cheers Turtool
Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: Twister bullbar bug - update

#2 Post by Flemming V » 17 Jul 2013 07:07

To you and everybody else reporting bugs. If your bug is not fixed in next build, it does not mean that SCS did not see your bug.
Some bugs, the easy ones will often be fixed in next build and others (90%) will first be fixed within the next big official patch.
Again, thanks for reporting, but please be patient.
Turt213

#3 Post by Turt213 » 17 Jul 2013 09:11

Flemming V wrote:To you and everybody else reporting bugs. If your bug is not fixed in next build, it does not mean that SCS did not see your bug.
Some bugs, the easy ones will often be fixed in next build and others (90%) will first be fixed within the next big official patch.
Again, thanks for reporting, but please be patient.
I understand what you are saying, I merely thought (maybe that's my problem) I would update this issue with my findings ie: help SCS locate the source of the problem.

Which is better, to edit a post that is being buried in the backlog of bug threads & old topics or post a new with some updated information regarding a problem?

If I report any more issues I will do my best just to report the problem ***don's business hat***

Again, thanks for reporting
I'm sorry, when did you thank me the first time?
ohaha

#4 Post by ohaha » 17 Jul 2013 18:36

If you have new info please use the "Post reply" function.
Everyone will see it separately from the original report and judge better.
Also, don't worry about it being buried, when you post a new reply, it shows up in "View Unread Posts" of every user of the forum. That's how I keep track of everything and people from SCS, too.
Turt213 wrote:when did you thank me the first time?
PS. I think that's just an expression, out of politeness.. :)
Retired, but still loving it.
Turt213

#5 Post by Turt213 » 17 Jul 2013 18:56

ohaha wrote:If you have new info please use the "Post reply" function.
Everyone will see it separately from the original report and judge better.
Also, don't worry about it being buried, when you post a new reply, it shows up in "View Unread Posts" of every user of the forum. That's how I keep track of everything and people from SCS, too.
Turt213 wrote:when did you thank me the first time?
PS. I think that's just an expression, out of politeness.. :)
Thank you Ohaha for your help. The reason I did not use "Post reply" to update my first report on this issue, is because some forums see it as rude to double post. And given that my first post on this topic had not been replied to when I found new info, it would have been a double post by the same author (me).
ohaha

#6 Post by ohaha » 17 Jul 2013 19:00

Double posts mean identical info (or almost) posted in different locations, to me.
If you update your bug reports, by adding new info we can only be grateful and appreciate your efforts. :)
Retired, but still loving it.

Return to “Bugs 1.4.6”