Fifth wheel node bug - revised - 1.10.1s

Turt213

Fifth wheel node bug - revised - 1.10.1s

#1 Post by Turt213 » 17 Jul 2013 18:41

It looks like this bug is still here. What I had thought was fixed, is not. I've just put 5+ hours into this. Putting the trailer hook nodes 1m from the ground has not fixed it SCS.

For this test I imported the "aero dynamic" trailer into Zmod3. I hid everything other than the trailer mesh & the hook node. In the left view pane, I then moved the trailer & hook node to the right on the X axis (moved them back). I then imported one truck at a time & then moved onto the trailers.

I'm updating this so that SCS & other truck/trailer modellers know what is needed to line up everything.

First up the trucks,

daf_xf,
Chs_4x2_base, Hook_t_0, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_4x2_base\Chs_4x2_base 01 & Hook_t_0. Needs moving forward. Select vertices on the fifth wheel mesh to find the center.
Use top view & turn on truck\Chs_6x_base\Chs_6x_base 06 & Hook_t_1 to see how "Hook_t_0" should be.
Hook nodes are to high, use the aero_dynamic to see the problem.

The thin black line is where the fifth wheel should be. The truck hook node just needs moving down to the same height as the gap.
[ external image ]

iveco_hiway,
Chs_4x2, Hook_t0, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_4x2\Chs_4x2 04 & Hook_t0. Needs moving forward.
Chs_6x2, Hook_t2, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_6x2\Chs_6x2 02 & Hook_t2. Needs moving forward.
Chs_6x4, Hook_t1, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_6x4\Chs_6x4 02 & Hook_t1. Needs moving forward.

iveco_stralis,
Chs_4x2, Hook_t, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_4x2_base\Chs_4x2_base 09 & Chs_base\Hook_t. Needs moving forward.
This truck only uses 1 hook for all 3 chassis's, you only need to fix "Hook_t".

man_tgx,
Chs_4x2, Hook_t_0, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_4x2\Chs_4x2 04 & Hook_t_0. Needs moving back.
Chs_6x4, Hook_t_1, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_6x4\Chs_6x4 02 & Hook_t_1. Needs moving forward.
Use top view & turn on truck\Chs_6x2_4\Chs_6x2_4 & Hook_t_2 to see how "Hook_t_1 & 0" should be.
All 3 chassis meshes need moving to the right (if viewed from the front) as they are not centered.

mercedes_actros_2009,
Chs_4x2, Hook_t_0, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_4x2\Chs_4x2 02 & Hook_t_0. Needs moving forward.
Chs_6x4, Hook_t_1, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_6x4\Chs_6x4 07 & Hook_t_1. Needs moving forward.
Chs_6x2_4, Hook_t_2, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_6x2_4\Chs_6x2_4 02 & Hook_t_2. Needs moving forward.

renault_magnum_2009,
Defaultpart, Hook_t, use top view & turn on truck\Defaultpart\Defaultpart 02 & Hook_t. Needs moving to the right (if viewed from the front).

renault_premium,
Hook nodes are centered in the fifth wheel.
This trucks hook node is at the correct height for the aero_dynamic trailer.

scania_rcab_2009,
Chs_6_2_base, Hook_t_1, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_6_2_base\Chs_6_2_base 03 & Hook_t_1. Needs moving forward.
Use top view & turn on truck\Chs_4_2\Chs_4_2 03 & Hook_t_0 to see how "Hook_t_1" should be.
Hook nodes are the correct height for the aero_dynamic trailer, fifth wheel mesh could be rotated, but it's quite good where it sits.

scania_streamline,
Chs_4x2, Hook_t_0, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_4_2\Chs_4_2 16 & Hook_t_0. Needs moving back.
Chs_6x2, Hook_t_1, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_6_2_base\Chs_6_2 09 & Hook_t_1. Needs moving forward.
Chs_6x4, Hook_t_1, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_6_2_base\Chs_6_2 09 & Hook_t_1. Needs moving forward.
Hook nodes are the correct height for the aero_dynamic trailer, fifth wheel mesh could be moved down, but it's quite good where it sits.

volvo_fh16_2009,
Chs_4x2_base, Hook_t_0, use top view & turn on truck\Chs_4x2_base\Chs_4x2_base 05 & Hook_t_0. Needs moving forward.
Use top view & turn on truck\Chs_6x_base\Chs_6x_base 04 & Hook_t_1 to see how "Hook_t_0" should be.
Hook node is the correct height for the aero_dynamic trailer, but the trucks guards are very close to the trailer.
Fifth wheel mesh has a massive hole for the king pin.

volvo_fh16_2012,
Fifth wheel mesh for all chassis's needs moving left (if viewed from the front)...minor problem.
Hook nodes are the correct height for the aero_dynamic trailer, but this truck has the biggest gap from fifth wheel to trailer. Either bring the truck hook node down or better yet, lift the fifth wheel mesh up.

[ external image ]

With the trailers, I just moved the frame & hook node on the X axis over to the aero_dynamic trailer. Trailers that line up with the aero_dynamic are not listed below.

Trailers,

car_transporter,
Hook node is correct, but the trailer sits to low, it will cut into all trucks when hooked up.

chemical_cistern,
Hook node needs it's axis fixed (it's upside down). Trailer sits to low, it will cut into the trucks when hooked up.

food_cistern,
Hook node is correct, but the mesh around the king pin needs lowering.

fuel_cistern,
Hook node is correct, but the mesh around the king pin needs lowering.

glass_trailer,
Hook node is correct, but the mesh around the king pin needs lifting.

cool_liner,
Hook node is correct, trailer sits to low, it will cut into the trucks when hooked up.

profi_liner - profiliner,
As above.

log_trailer,
Hook node is correct, trailer sits a little high.

reefer,
Hook node is correct, trailer sits a little high.

schmitz - universal,
Hook node is correct, but the trailer sits to low, it will cut into all trucks when hooked up.

And there you have it :)

@ SCS, for the trailers that cut into the trucks, why not create a different design? One that allows "normal" height trucks to hook up.

Further improvements in this area would be realistic fifth wheel models & realistic king pin models. Maybe even have the fifth wheels as an upgrade for the players trucks :shock: :geek:

Anyhoo...I'm out of here....Cheers Turtool
Last edited by supersobes on 03 Feb 2019 23:27, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Thread moved from "Euro Truck Simulator 2 > Bugs" to "Euro Truck Simulator 2 > Bugs > Bugs Archive > Bugs 1.4.8"
ohaha

Re: Fifth wheel node bug

#2 Post by ohaha » 17 Jul 2013 18:44

Nice report!
Thank you.
Retired, but still loving it.
Turt213

#3 Post by Turt213 » 17 Jul 2013 18:59

Your welcome :)
Last edited by supersobes on 03 Feb 2019 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.4]
clauslr

#4 Post by clauslr » 18 Jul 2013 14:25

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=23396

Could this be related?
Turt213

Re: Fifth wheel node bug - revised - 1.10.1s

#5 Post by Turt213 » 25 May 2014 17:55

Updated first post :)
peachh

Re: Fifth wheel node bug - revised - 1.10.1s

#6 Post by peachh » 05 Aug 2014 12:07

May I kindly ask what is the progress on this fix by SCS please? Haven't notice any mention of kingpin/fifth wheel in recent updates. I mean, Turt213 has almost done all the tedious/hard work already.

Return to “Bugs 1.4.8”