Air Brake Simulation

nftbu

Re: Air Brake Simulation

#11 Post by nftbu » 05 Aug 2013 10:17

I often have problems with the air pressure system. Especially inside cities when I often have to brake (playing with keyboard) because of visiting different companies or other areas such like the mechanic. It does not taking very long I can not start driving because of low air pressure. Meanwhile it has been so disturbing for me that I switched the simulation off.
I can not imagine that this behavior (that the "air is going low" so quickly) is realistic. But feel free to correct me.
7UN3RK0

#12 Post by 7UN3RK0 » 05 Aug 2013 12:50

You must know how to brake. If you push often the brake, air system going down and you can't go on. If you brake slowly (pushing arrow down more than 4 times) air pressure going very quickly down.
I don't know english good. Sometimes I use Google Translator.
miep möp

#13 Post by miep möp » 05 Aug 2013 14:40

Just some feedback. I play with pedals and I can't run the DAF out of air, even when I use the air breaks exclusively. Neither the weight of the freight nor city traffic matter. The display of remaining air in the system works just fine, hence I chose to drive the truck a while ago and continue to do so right now. Only stepping on the breaks repeatedly reduces the air pressure below normal operating levels (like shown in real world truck videos with break tests), so the system is indeed working properly.

Maybe people just shouldn't use the air brake simulation with keyboard, or this option should not be an option for driving with the keyboard.
nftbu

#14 Post by nftbu » 05 Aug 2013 14:57

This is interesting. I was thinking about buying a Xbox 360 controller (for some other games, too). This might help me there.

Until then I can try just tipping the brake.
Max
SCS Software

#15 Post by Max » 05 Aug 2013 19:53

there are two things that work with brakes by way that could be suboptimal with regard to air presure:

first is any kind of digital brake (keyboard, button, digital trigger/pad), where game handles brake pedal itself with regard to player's input. of course it's always hard to guess what kind of braking player intended and some trick are even impossible to do with digital input. thus brake may use more air than it could.

second is simple automatic gearbox setting, as it perform somewhat arcade truck control. if you press arrow, you are moving in given direction. if not, you are stopping. for this reason simple automatic gearbox itself uses brakes as needed. and this also costs air pressure.

air brake simulation checbox is not supposed to be used in combination with these two settings. but we do not want to disable it automaticaly as it is still possible although it may be harder than real truck driving.
nftbu wrote:I was thinking about buying a Xbox 360 controller (for some other games, too).
yes, xbox 360 controller is one of controllers that have analog triggers and therefore can simulate whole pedal axis.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Leutzu01

#16 Post by Leutzu01 » 10 Aug 2013 02:12

hi could u tell me why my air pressure gauge doesn't work??? i'm in movement and my pressure gauge don't work and of course in real life if u don't have air pressure in your tanks you can't shift gear or brake no movement at all. IS a bug or something like that ??? On my scania this gauge seems to work from time to time but not all the time.
P.S. I have the air brake simulation checked or marked as working one.
Max
SCS Software

#17 Post by Max » 10 Aug 2013 10:55

probably, you are looking at wrong gauge. scania in game does not have air pressure gauge.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
ravensview

#18 Post by ravensview » 12 Jan 2016 21:37

This is an old topic but I am a new player. I'd read it's good to use jake brake and/or retarder to slow down, as repeated use of brake pedal will deplete the reserve and leave you without any brakes.
I'm mainly in a Scania, using a wheel and pedals, and if I do use the pedal, repeatedly, it has little effect on the remaining pressure.
Is there a mod that makes the brake itself 'fade' more realistically?
Follow me on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/ravensview

Return to “Bugs 1.4.8”