Fps Drops in the game

blueeagle69

Re: Fps Drops in the game

#21 Post by blueeagle69 » 20 Apr 2014 00:24

And since 1.9 it's worse.
I was quite happy running in high detail, but since 1.9 it's pretty terrible.

I have even disabled the latest ProMods because that has issues all of it's own now, but no.

I dearly love ETS2. Bought the game, the Going East DLC and most of the paint job DLC's to support SCS.

The optimisation or lack of is quite frankly shocking.
thebigbadonion

#22 Post by thebigbadonion » 20 Apr 2014 01:02

I don't have that great of a pc, my self. At best it's average, it plays every other game quite well, but doesn't exactly kill it. My PC specs are

Intel i3 4130 3.4ghz
8gb RAM
Geforce GTX650 2gb. (overclocked)

I actually don't find the game too bad, on my rig. I play it 1920x1080, on 100% scaling, with everything to set to high, and ultra. and I usually get about 40fps, out of it I find the only time my frames take a significant hit, is when I enable AA, but I've heard of issues with the games AA, and nvidia cards. Just remember though, the scaling option is pushing the resolution of the textures up quite significantly, so expect it to eat your frames, when you start to go over 100%

I found on my old rig:
Intel Core 2 quad 2.5ghz
4 gb ddr2
Geforce GT430 1gb

That scaling was the best setting to adjust to make the game playable, most other settings really didn't matter a whole lot, apart from vegitation detail, and a couple of other factors. Yet with everything set to medium, at 75% scaling, (same screen resolution) the game was quite playable (about 25fps) Which wasn't bad going for a 5 year old computer with a £30 video card, which played very few other games at all.

So I don't find the game that badly optimized, atleast when your coming in to it at the lower end. I could have easily pushed the fps up to 30, perhaps 35 if i'd have dropped the scaling a little more.
Max
SCS Software

#23 Post by Max » 20 Apr 2014 23:22

blueeagle69 wrote:And since 1.9 it's worse.
I was quite happy running in high detail, but since 1.9 it's pretty terrible.

I have even disabled the latest ProMods because that has issues all of it's own now, but no.

I dearly love ETS2. Bought the game, the Going East DLC and most of the paint job DLC's to support SCS.

The optimisation or lack of is quite frankly shocking.
what PC configutaion and settings do you have?
thing is that from reports we read majority of players have higher fps in 1.9 than before.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
hadi

#24 Post by hadi » 06 Dec 2014 13:34

how to test fps in my euro 2 truck game
xr6fa

#25 Post by xr6fa » 06 Dec 2014 15:03

CoroQasQus wrote:On the latest updates (1.4.8s) i got fps drop everytime i turned the lights on. Every lights that turned on will drop my fps. Even blinker. Everytime the blinker turned on on my dashboard, it will drop my fps (cabin camera). Anyone got the same problem?? ETS2 below 1.4x patch was working fine with me, no fps drop whatsoever.

Im using AMD Vishera 8350 8core @4.1ghz, 8GB DDR3, MSI HD6950 TwinFrozr III PE/OC edition. So its really strange that lighting issue will drop my fps.
Hi

Yeah I have the same problem I turn on the blinker and everything seems to start jerking
JESAN

#26 Post by JESAN » 07 Dec 2014 07:45

@Hadi

Simply download FRAPS, it's free
Than start it along with ETS ( choose "99")
You'll get your FPS displayed in whatever screen corner you prefer in real time while you're playing
I got it and it's easy to implement
taki1998

#27 Post by taki1998 » 28 Jun 2016 00:21

I had the same problem. In cockpit view i had 10 fps max and in 3rd person 60 but i tried everything from upgrading drivers to configuring affinity but one thing helped me. I went to services.msc (windows+r = run and just type) and disabled windows update, windows moduler installer, superprefetch and windows search first i stoped them and after disabled because when I started to play ets 2 my HDD works always on 100% and then start lag in cockpit but now not. So try this and maybe I helped :)

Return to “Bugs 1.4.8”