Bug, suggestion and two stupid questions

Bug, suggestion and two stupid questions

#1 Post by 102 » 07 Aug 2013 11:07

Hello, fellow ETS2 fans.
Sorry for barging in like that, without invitation, but after 1.4.8. patch few rather odd things caught my attention. However, I do not want to fall for “post hoc ergo propter hoc”, simply put, I cannot guarantee they weren’t there already (in previous patches). Moreover, to be honest, I’m not sure how to qualify them – whether as bugs, glitches or “well known, but yet unfixed issues”. So if I’ve post these things incorrectly, from local veterans’ perspective, I’d like to apologize in advance for possible inconvenience. If you want me to relocate them somewhere else, just say. Also, there are few more things I'd like to report, but because I don't know how to classify them and I'm not sure for how long they are present, so I'd like to ask forum veterans where I should put them. Thanks in advance.

I tried to use search function (including advanced one), haven’t found anything relevant (or I simply cannot verify if we’re speaking about same thing).

When I tried to drive Volvo after 1.4.8, I noticed that Volvo’s interior is lit by direction indicators’ light (also Hazard Warning light as well). This is the only truck that has it. Because I cannot revert back to 1.3 and check such behavior there, I’m unable to verify it is definitely 1.4-related issue, but I do not remember such thing before (it doesn't mean it wasn't there, though).

Also, Volvo truck air brake system allows only 7 applications of brakes before exhausting air supply and gauge corresponds this – it’s look like it’s stuck half-way. Other trucks allow at least 12 applications, if we are to believe air bleeding sound, emitting after brake application and that pop-up message, notifying you of empty air tanks.

By the way, what's the point of Volvo's 12th gear? It’s nearly useless, because fuel consumption rate is flat, and based only on cargo presence or lack thereof (50 litres per 100 km? I’ve heard of drivers who has been fired for exceeding 40 litres per 100 km limit (not in winter Norway mountains, of course)), modified by Ecodriving skill, so there is no point shifting up to 12 to save fuel on lower revs, and as soon as truck enters decent climb and speed drops to 85 kph, revs leaving optimal torque range, forcing you to downshift (I use sequential mode).

After 1.4.8 has been installed, my driver’s truck has been teleported back to “safe location”, starting garage (it happens to be teleport from Liege to Poznan). I suppose that is default solution, no matter where truck has been before. Irony is, during that teleport truck has been damaged. I tried different saves and it seems truck is damaged regardless. I noticed some differences in amount of damage worth via repair calculator. I’m not sure, but it seems damage is distance dependant, either distance from starting garage to save point, or truck’s total distance traveled. I can’t point on correct one, because all my saves are following these formulas: in earlier saves with less total driven distance my driver’s truck is closer to starting location. For example, in my latest (and farthest) save damage worth been around 1800 Euros, while before patch truck had approximately 350 Euro worth damage. Newly repaired truck from much earlier save had only 600 Euros worth damage. And damage spread evenly on all five systems, including Chassis and Cab, which I haven’t damaged before. Unfortunately I didn't make any screenshot prior patch's installation, so I cannot provide "before/after" comparison.

Despite suggestions in patch’s description (at least 1.4.1 I read), upgrade shop still removes certain accessories, despite their inter-cab interchangeability. I.e. you can install same accessory for same price for different cab, yet you have to pay more for that (reminds some "less-than-honest" real-world mechanics). Accessories involved include: front mirror, sun visor and upper light rack/bar. Scania, for example, keeps light rack, but removes stock mirror and sun visor. DAF removes all three, when you change Space cab on Super Space. Iveco and MAN remove sun visor and, when switching cab’s height light rack. Majestic and Volvo usually remove light rack, when you change Cab’s height. Renault trucks are unique, so it doesn’t apply to them.

Even in light of apparent “certification by manufacturer” prior getting real name, shouldn’t DAF’s retarder be three-staged, not five-staged one?

Salzburg, SanBuilders. Time flow scale is not city scale, where 1 in-game minute approximately equal to 12 real-time seconds, but “countryside” scale, where 1 in-game minute equal to 3 real-time seconds. Not big bug, but when you’re in haste, parking trailer can take a bit more time than you expecting. Well, that’s how I’ve found it – missed nice job offer.

Not sure if bug like one above, but southern part of Brno, road that leads through it to northern part of Brno. Formally it should be city area, due presence of city borders signs, yet time scale is not city one.

If you need more pictures, I'll try to provide them.
Attachments
interior.jpg
interior.jpg (103.1 KiB) Viewed 6594 times
ohaha

Re: Bug, suggestion and two stupid questions

#2 Post by ohaha » 07 Aug 2013 17:26

The light in the cab was there, before 1.4, but not so ... prominent.
First time I saw it, I thought it was a reflection of the blinker, in the outer mirror (the one looking down) and I never bothered...
About the time scale, if possible, add some coordinates for the two locations - it's better to have accurate location.

Thank you for your thoughts! :)
Retired, but still loving it.

#3 Post by 102 » 07 Aug 2013 20:54

Ouch! Quite a talent I have – made a warning shot in the air and missed. :)

I’m not sure for precise coordinates, I read guidelines on them, but unless directly required I'd prefer to steer clear from console. I hope these pictures will suffice.

On image named “Sazburg” truck is already in city time zone. Not sure map was needed for one and only SanBuilders dock in Sazlburg, but I included it anyway.

On image named “Brno” , on upper part, grey Volvo is within city zone. On lower part of image, both Volvos are outside, but Globetropper cab Volvo just a bit out of it, at least according to my grey Volvo position few moments earlier:). So I think city scale begins and ends with hedgegrow.
On map image that area approximately (it’s like attempts to depict tank to scale on military maps – you can’t, or it'll be fractions of millimeter:)) depicted by red lines and triangles depict truck’s positions upon entry/exit from it (exactly those positions from "Brno" image). Lower truck’s triangle shows position of Brno boundaries sign location.

As for my other questions/suggestions (not sure how you would classify them:)), I don't want to be a bull in china shop, so I'm not sure where to post them.:)
Attachments
map.jpg
map.jpg (78.84 KiB) Viewed 6531 times
Brno.jpg
Brno.jpg (252.16 KiB) Viewed 6531 times
Salzburg.jpg
Salzburg.jpg (173.35 KiB) Viewed 6531 times

#4 Post by 102 » 10 Aug 2013 14:27

To avoid creating new topic (unless that what should be done), I decided to put few other minor issues I've found.

First one is when driver achieves level 4, announcement on new upgrades informs that Majestic truck has two Samurai bull-bar accessories. I'm not sure whether or not this one has been in game already as Ohaha told be it was with Volvo interior, I used search, but found no mention of Samurai.
Second is lack of distinction between old and new Ivecos on text description of upgrades, for example, as one presented when driver reaches level 5.
They both are not big deals, I admit.

And one question: it seems to me that new Iveco Hi-Way use different headlight patterns than all other trucks. Am I correct or it's just an illusion? I don't mean different colour, as it used to be before, when game replaced HID bulbs with Xenon when you uprgaded cab to bigger one (as far as I recognize, such replacement no longer exists), but pattern itself.
Attachments
level-up.jpg
level-up.jpg (74.8 KiB) Viewed 6453 times
iveco.jpg
iveco.jpg (81.73 KiB) Viewed 6453 times

#5 Post by 102 » 13 Sep 2013 01:43

DAF XF, front mirror.
According to its shadow visible from inside, mirror has two mounts simultaneously, both from stock and long versions. To make it better visible, I removed sunvisor. Apparently glitch exists for both types of cab - Space and Super Space. External shadows are "blurrier", so I can't spot exact details, sorry.
As far as I remember, real truck's mirror has single arm.
Attachments
sclm.jpg
sclm.jpg (75.04 KiB) Viewed 6355 times
sscsm.jpg
sscsm.jpg (46.85 KiB) Viewed 6355 times
n4gix

#6 Post by n4gix » 13 Sep 2013 23:59

Enabling the console isn't "dangerous" at all, since unless you call for it, it remains invisible. It is important though to be able to take the special screenshots that include the coordinates in the filename.
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)

Return to “Bugs 1.4.8”