Upgrade lights de-selecting

amycashtime13

Upgrade lights de-selecting

#1 Post by amycashtime13 » 13 Aug 2013 21:38

This is a small bug, but an annoying one: When adding auxiliary lights from the Upgrade Shop, you then configure them via Cabin Adjustments/Light Control/Additional Illumination (see screenshot), so they're active. But they're frequently de-selected (mainly when you make other upgrades, even just mirrors), then the next time you're driving in the dark, you wonder why the lights aren't as bright as they should be :roll: So you have to stop and re-tick the checkboxes again. The extra lights should remain active unless they are removed. I'd be grateful if this could be fixed :D
Lights control panel
Lights control panel
ETS LC.jpg (18.61 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
ohaha

Re: Upgrade lights de-selecting

#2 Post by ohaha » 14 Aug 2013 05:22

Thanks, but this should be in Feature Wishlists and Suggestions, I think.
Anyway, it was asked, recently (and not only) by someone else.
I, too, hope this can be fixed, sometime, in near future, but it might also be necessary, from the programmer's point of view, because it doesn't require extra coding to detect if you have grill or roof lights.
I guess...
Retired, but still loving it.
BloodyRain2k

#3 Post by BloodyRain2k » 13 Jan 2014 22:45

I encountered this bug too a few times now and it really seems like changing anything on the truck turns them off (I recently upgraded to 6x4), like it also turns off the engine.
If you leave it on and go into the service and leave without doing anything the engine is still running, if you change something it's off.

I don't mind to have to turn on my engine again, it even makes sense. I guess in a sense for the light too, since that get's turned off too if I remember correctly.

What'd really help would be having a button toggle these too, maybe holding down the light key for a second.
And while at that it'd be nice if they also get the keys 5 and 6 in the F4 menu. It makes no sense at all that you can toggle all lights with keys but not these.
Baja_002

#4 Post by Baja_002 » 13 Jan 2014 22:48

Well to be honest, my lower lights are disabled (they glow but don't emit any light on the road) and upper lights are only used when there is heavy fog :)

I'm not really bothered with this but this could be implemented for those who use these lights often or always
Flemming V
Global moderator

#5 Post by Flemming V » 14 Jan 2014 07:20

Yes, they should make something like this:

If light 3 was on when entering workshop then
light 3 should be on when leaving
Else
light 3 should be off when leaving
End if

If light 4 was on when entering workshop then
light 4 should be on when leaving