Game keeps crashing

Unco

Re: Game keeps crashing

#21 Post by Unco » 02 Sep 2013 16:23

OK, it looks like you have installed the game twice:

1. Via the setup file from the ETS2 website

2. Via Steam

For the sake of us helping you troubleshoot your problem, can you humour us and install only 1 version of the game? Seeing as you already have Steam, I would suggest you install that version only.

By this, I mean, uninstall ETS2 via Control Panel. This will uninstall the version that was installed with the setup file from the ETS2 website.

Then, delete all local content again via Steam. This will uninstall the Steam version of the game.

Then backup your entire "Euro Truck Simulator 2" directory to a different location on your hard drive, so that the game will create a new Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder and a new profile when you install it.

Install the game via Steam. This should install 1.4.12

Start the game and create a new profile.

See how that goes.
Karl_est

#22 Post by Karl_est » 02 Sep 2013 16:26

I have installed only one copy of ETS2 and it is installed via Steam. :)

I´ll try reinstalling the game again. I keep thinking that maybe this fault has maybe something to do with Windows 8. Beacause I never had these kind of problems when I was using Windows 7 X64.
Unco

#23 Post by Unco » 02 Sep 2013 16:27

BHS wrote:

Oops. Mixed up two threads. Sorry about that. Tired I guess. Thinking about work tomorrow morning :(

Regards,
BHS
No worries, I was tired too, trying to make phone calls at 1am to the other side of the world. Not fun.
Unco

#24 Post by Unco » 02 Sep 2013 16:29

Karl_est wrote:I have installed only one copy of ETS2 and it is installed via Steam. :)

I´ll try reinstalling the game again. I keep thinking that maybe this fault has maybe something to do with Windows 8. Beacause I never had these kind of problems when I was using Windows 7 X64.
In that case, then I can help you no further because your last log file could not possibly have come from a Steam installation of the game. Maybe others can help, or you can contact SCS directly via email. Sorry.
n4gix

#25 Post by n4gix » 02 Sep 2013 16:38

Karl_est wrote:I reinstalled it exactly that way..

Checked it in safe mode and yes it´s using still 1.4.8s.

Now I installed 1.4.12 patch it still keeps crashing..
You can NOT "patch" a Steam version of ETS2 using the downloaded 1.4.12 "patch."

You MUST allow Steam to automatically update your Steam version 1.4.8s.
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)

Return to “Bugs 1.4.8”