YES
14%
NO
86%

Total votes: 21

Camper 2000

Re: Trailer vanishing while driving

#11 Post by Camper 2000 » 10 Sep 2013 16:29

Try without mods, but I think that the sound errors are not from there because there is an error before the loading of the mods.

Btw, I have this error whit the MB MPIV mod:

Code: Select all

<ERROR> Cylinder volume of 'bmw_300.iveco.stralis.engine' engine should be higher than 6! It is set to 1.00.
Any solution? Sorry for the OT.
Unco

#12 Post by Unco » 10 Sep 2013 19:11

Reef wrote: it has been proven that this problem is happening with legitimately purchased games too
Yep. Two, I think.
Max
SCS Software

#13 Post by Max » 10 Sep 2013 19:38

gban wrote:Hello, I have experienced a problem where when i am driving and am on a delivery the trailer suddenly disappears!! and i jua=st lose the job!! Well,this is frustrating :cry: PLEASE HELP .... Thanks in advance.
P.S. i have bought ETS2 on steam.
missing jobs are known to happen in cracked version of game. with all respect, it looks like you do not own original game. genuine game copy does not contain similar errors and there are in addition guaranteed patches and updates (both boxed and steam version).

if you insist on fact that you have legaly bought game, please contact our support, we can check your steam account as well as payment.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Max
SCS Software

#14 Post by Max » 10 Sep 2013 19:42

Unco wrote:
Reef wrote: it has been proven that this problem is happening with legitimately purchased games too
Yep. Two, I think.
only one.
caused by broken hardware.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Unco

#15 Post by Unco » 10 Sep 2013 19:45

There was one other member, with a corrupt profile due to a dodgy mod. Can't remember his name.
ohaha

#16 Post by ohaha » 10 Sep 2013 20:04

People! Out of the many ETS2 legitimate users only one had this issue and it turned out he had hacked hardware.
All those people that came to this forum complaining kind of vanished when SCS revealed that this is an anti-theft mechanism. I wonder why?
So, let's not go around and say this is a game fault, since none of the legit players had issues (maybe Max can give us a hint about how many ETS2 copies were sold).
As far as I can see from that game log there are tons of bad or incompatible mods. Also, large number of hardware related errors.
So, it's pretty safe to say that the game is OK.
Retired, but still loving it.
Reef

#17 Post by Reef » 10 Sep 2013 20:14

gban wrote:game.log.txt:::

00:00:00.520 : Euro Truck Simulator 2 init ver.1.4.12s (rev. 46318)
Not trying to call Max out on anything here especially as its something that Max has way more knowledge and experience of than me i'm just curious, but is it even possible to update a cracked version with a steam update?

The guy said he owns a Steam version and the s at the end of the patch build number denotes its a steam patch i think?

Like i say just curious.
ohaha

#18 Post by ohaha » 10 Sep 2013 20:18

This guy seems to have a legit version.
That's why Max was so prompt in his reply.
The other one that had this issue was reported by me, to SCS, and then we learned about his hardware fault.
If this isn't mod related (which I suspect) then he's number two. Probably some hardware issues.
Retired, but still loving it.
BHS

#19 Post by BHS » 10 Sep 2013 20:42

Unco wrote:There was one other member, with a corrupt profile due to a dodgy mod. Can't remember his name.

Unco. Maybe you're thinking of Johan : viewtopic.php?f=124&t=21261

Regards,
BHS
Cadde

#20 Post by Cadde » 11 Sep 2013 04:08

I shall reveal why i refrain from accusing people getting this of using a cracked version.
  1. I enjoy messing with those that want to pretend they have a legal copy when they don't.
  2. Being nice to them increases the chance that they will actually buy a copy if they haven't. (Once again, i enjoy it. Otherwise i wouldn't post at all)
  3. There is ALWAYS the off chance that some of these people have genuine issues with the DRM of the game. There are cases where certain titles had to remove all DRM because no legit player could play while those who downloaded cracked versions could play all day without issues.
  4. If you piss these people off then not only do you lose the advertising for the game they share with the world* (legit or cracked version) but you run the risk of them giving really negative feedback which can hurt sales even more.
  5. I personally have nothing to gain from ridiculing people who doesn't know something. They might be living on the edge and have no other options for entertainment than scrounging off what scraps are left. There are many people in this world who deserves the same as us but live in such horrible conditions that they cannot afford any of it, not even their fault.
    Still, we are willing to send donations to these people for a better life but can't share a free copy of something they would never afford? Copying is free, nothing changes hands after all.
* - Advertising, there are quite a large number of games that i have bought thanks to having my friends telling me about those games. Most of the games i have been told about have started out as cracked versions.
There are countless games i have had no interest in buying but downloaded to see if they where any good after which i have bought them because they where better than i thought. (This game included, i thought it was just another crappy "simulator" titled game but it was great!)
Many of the games i have used cracked versions of i have shared with my friends, these friends then wanted the benefits of automatic updates etc so they bought them. In many of these cases these friends would be highly unlikely to ever know the game existed.

One can argue that downloaded cracked copies of the games cost developers money however, there have been independent studies made that reveals that if a game gets a cracked copy released early then interest in that particular titles increases way beyond what it does without a cracked copy.
And in any case, the number of cracked copies in use is about 1/30 to 1/200 of a particular games total sales, all depending on how the game is released in retail and if it's actually any good.
If people aren't likely going to buy your game in the first place then you are not losing anything.

That would be like saying "People just drive through my town but doesn't stop to shop in our market, we are LOSING MONEY here people!"
So does that mean that particular town is losing money, should they re-direct traffic in town so that drivers are forced to buy something?
No, it just means they are passing through and not buying anything. If one where to make it harder to pass through town then traffic would divert to the outskirts of town actually reducing sales.

Just some food for thought.
Myself, i will ALWAYS encourage people to buy the games i like and i will not blame them for not doing so or testing the game on cracked copies because i know if they didn't intend on buying the game in the first place then there's little chance of them buying the game.
If i can increase that chance by being nice to them, supportive and suggest they update their game (in essence, a roundabout way of saying "buy the game") then i might as well have given them a reason to buy the game because clearly they are interested enough in the game to download it and ask for help with their issues.
I will use that interest to push them over the final hurdle and purchase the game.

It doesn't work every time but when it does, it benefits both me, SCS and the rest of the community.
So please people, be nice even when it's "obvious" they are using a cracked version.
On extended hiatus.

Return to “Bugs 1.4.12”