License plates

KamozZze

License plates

#1 Post by KamozZze » 20 Sep 2013 12:24

While i'm playing i noticed that the license plates are changing.
Attachments
phplg9BY0AM.jpg
phplg9BY0AM.jpg (155.99 KiB) Viewed 9042 times
phpgEjTd3AM.jpg
phpgEjTd3AM.jpg (155.92 KiB) Viewed 9042 times
phpBvxUKlAM.jpg
phpBvxUKlAM.jpg (156.02 KiB) Viewed 9042 times
Ilmiont

Re: License plates

#2 Post by Ilmiont » 20 Sep 2013 12:29

This has always happened when trucks change drivers. Hopefully one day trucks will be assigned a permanent reg plate.
Ilmiont on World of Trucks

EU: 2012 Volvo FH16
US: 2016 Kenworth W900 / 2015 Volvo VNL
Unco

#3 Post by Unco » 20 Sep 2013 12:46

Actually, I am running on a RaspberryPi and using Midori. :P
Attachments
pcbrowser.jpg
pcbrowser.jpg (11.77 KiB) Viewed 9030 times
ohaha

#4 Post by ohaha » 20 Sep 2013 16:36

Unco wrote:Actually, I am running on a RaspberryPi and using Midori. :P
So, you were surprised :lol:
Retired, but still loving it.
n4gix

#5 Post by n4gix » 20 Sep 2013 16:53

Also, that claims I'm running "Mozilla/Netscape5" when I'm actually using IE10... :lol:
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
RickDeckard

#6 Post by RickDeckard » 29 Sep 2013 11:42

Ilmiont wrote:This has always happened when trucks change drivers. Hopefully one day trucks will be assigned a permanent reg plate.
This might happen always when trucks change drivers, but it happens constantly now without any driver change, and it happens to your own truck. I have never noticed that before with my own truck. And the truck seem to have a permament license plate, because the menu always show the same license plate which is generated for the country you have your garage in. So it is a bug. If not from 1.5.2, then from earlier versions. It looks really stupid that you drive your truck and it changes its plates in every 5-10 seconds...
DWVTLtd

#7 Post by DWVTLtd » 29 Sep 2013 15:02

This I feel is a sensitive issue as the plate issued to your vehicle MUST be retained for the life of the vehicle. It is YOUR truck and therefore must always retain its plate. If you drive another vehicle from your fleet then return to your own truck, the plate changes, giving the feel you have lost your own truck that you have no doubt covered many thousands of kms in and with a plate you know. I feel the plates must be fixed in a future release to prevent any changing.
GxGamer

#8 Post by GxGamer » 29 Sep 2013 22:29

I can confirm this. On my own truck, never changed driver. Every kilometer made of my own.
But i also noticed the change of the plates.

Yellow is the right one, suddenly it becomes a white one.
Attachments
Wrong plate.jpg
Wrong plate.jpg (15.87 KiB) Viewed 8688 times
right plate.jpg
right plate.jpg (16.76 KiB) Viewed 8688 times
[ external image ]
Update/Patch: Replace the old, boring bugs with new and exciting ones!
Euro Truck Simulator 2 German Test/Review by GxGamer
RickDeckard

#9 Post by RickDeckard » 30 Sep 2013 09:28

Yesterday I had a longer run without seeing it again, my plate was the same and the correct one for all the time, so it's strange. I was thinking of some specific circumstances, when it could appear.

My stable run yesterday was mainly in Germany, my troubled run was in DLC territory. But I also drove around the DLC territory with Polish trailers without a problem. During my troubled run I was hauling Slovakian trailers. And during the troubled run I used WARP command many times, because that was advised to me if I wanted to be able to see the scenery. I tried also WARP during the German run, but either I didn't use it enough times, or it doesn't cause anything there.

I'm not sure if it makes any sense, but the only time it appeared for me was the combination of DLC + SK trailer + WARP command. Whenever I tried a combination outside of it, I could not reproduce it. Tonight I'll go back and set up the above combination to see what happens.

Oh, and my truck has a Hungarian license plate because it is located in Budapest.

@KamozZze, GxGamer: I'd be interested to hear if you could narrow it down to something similar circumstances or not.
Regwiem72

#10 Post by Regwiem72 » 30 Sep 2013 14:16

This is a problem because of the mods. Not compatible fashion affect switch plates, license plate.
But there is another question that would secure the permanent license plate plate behind the truck and not to change it at change of a truck.
If a truck registered in Austria, get a truck with Austrian number plate and more not to change it.

Return to “Bugs 1.5.2”