License plates

gerbiepiep

Re: License plates

#21 Post by gerbiepiep » 05 Oct 2013 14:27

This is the issue spoken about.
Stock game + latest patch and going east add-on.

I am in my home country The Netherlands, in Rotterdam wich is my main garage at.
DWVTLtd

#22 Post by DWVTLtd » 05 Oct 2013 14:58

You think that's unusual - I saw a Transit do a complete 360degree spin in front of me obce!!!

I do wonder about regs of AI - they must be assigned as they spawn so vehicles are always local (to the country - in the UK you can see vehicles from anywhere of the UK).
DerTrucker98

#23 Post by DerTrucker98 » 05 Oct 2013 18:01

Nobody knows how the bug can be fixed? I had this problem, too and I hate it !

When I want to drive my truck with a license plate from the Netherlands (I start my game extra in Groningen) I don´t want to drive with an british license plate in the UK.

Here a few pictures.

Original the truck have a license plate from NL and the trailer from France.

Trailer in France
[ external image ]

Trailer in UK
[ external image ]

And my truck in the UK, from other countries I don´t have pictures ...

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
gerbiepiep

#24 Post by gerbiepiep » 06 Oct 2013 13:48

gerbiepiep wrote:This is the issue spoken about.
Stock game + latest patch and going east add-on.

I am in my home country The Netherlands, in Rotterdam wich is my main garage at.
Is there a DEV that can shed some light on this issue?

Today ive seen a few AI cars do exactly the same, and i have no idea what's causing it.
n4gix

#25 Post by n4gix » 06 Oct 2013 13:52

What's up with this monomania with the license plates anyway? Does it make ETS2 undrivable somehow? :?:

Granted, it is a 'bug' that should be fixed somewhere along the line, but honestly I just can't understand all the angst and hand-wringing... ;)
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
gerbiepiep

#26 Post by gerbiepiep » 06 Oct 2013 13:57

It's not that it is angering me, just seems to me this issue is getting forgotten, thats all.
n4gix

#27 Post by n4gix » 06 Oct 2013 14:01

Why do you think that? Because it wasn't fixed immediately? I should think that there are far more serious problems for SCS to be concerned with first...

Every 'bug' has to have a priority assigned. I suspect that this one is probably at the very bottom of the list... :lol:
Last edited by n4gix on 06 Oct 2013 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
Cadde

#28 Post by Cadde » 06 Oct 2013 14:02

It's also entirely possible this has something to do with AI spawning. Which may mean there's no point in fixing it prior to the AI update.

Or the off case where SCS cannot reproduce the issue. I haven't noticed it for instance.
On extended hiatus.
n4gix

#29 Post by n4gix » 06 Oct 2013 14:05

AI spawning would not likely affect the user's truck though. I watched the short video posted and was rather astonished when the plate number changed twice in ~6 minutes...

Truthfully though, I've never paid the slightest of attention to the license plate on my truck, nor any of the AI vehicles. This isn't European License Plate Simulator after all! :lol:
Last edited by n4gix on 06 Oct 2013 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
Fr. Bill
Cadde

#30 Post by Cadde » 06 Oct 2013 14:08

Why wouldn't they?

The licence plates share the same model and the textures are loaded and unloaded dynamically as AI vehicles are created and destroyed.
If the plate on the truck shares functionality with the AI plates in any way then it's not that far fetched that the plate on the truck is destroyed and re-assigned.
On extended hiatus.

Return to “Bugs 1.5.2”