Theosz

Wrong position(city) in maps.

#1 Post by Theosz » 08 Oct 2013 18:03

Hi.

I think that is wrong:

I started a new profile

(
no mods - to do some tests:

- With Promods and TSM, the hireds and me can make a trip/delivery to the greater distance than allowed in Habilities(ETS2), but I don't know yet if [Essentials Game Fixes v2.7 by ND4SPD.scs] or [Traffic and Trailers v1.0 by AU44&Jazzycat] affect this...or DLC.
Example: in my second travel after starting a new profile, my distance allowed by ETS2 is < 250 km. but I can get a travel with 750 km. This happens to hired, too
).

so, back

Starting/Main City( Garage ): Calais (image 00010)

My first trip/delivery is to London.

After arriving there, I saw my position map: Calais :-\ (??) (image 00019)

When I see another map, I can't see me too. (If I have a truck or not, I expect see) (image 00021)

The icon should be here in London. Not? (why the first map show the position and another no?)

http://ge.tt/1SEEE1u?c

My basic config:
1)ETS 2 v1.5.2.1s (Steam)
2)DLC Going East!
a) GA-970A-D3 | FX-8350 | 8GB RAM | RAID 0 | Win7x64

thx
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
ohaha

Re: Wrong position(city) in maps.

#2 Post by ohaha » 08 Oct 2013 18:46

You said you started a new profile and I see only Quick jobs is available.
This means you don't have a truck, right?
If you don't have a truck, after finishing the job, you will be taken back to your home town. When you get a truck, you can move freely and stay anywhere.
This ain't no bug... :)
Retired, but still loving it.
Theosz

#3 Post by Theosz » 09 Oct 2013 15:25

ohaha wrote:You said you started a new profile and I see only Quick jobs is available.
This means you don't have a truck, right?
If you don't have a truck, after finishing the job, you will be taken back to your home town. When you get a truck, you can move freely and stay anywhere.
This ain't no bug... :)
hi again.

responding: yes, I don't have a truck.

Ok This is not bug, it's worse.

I disagree with this way of thinking. It seems strange to me.

I am speaking as a player:

If I finished a delivery in Kassel, with a truck or not, when I look at the map, I hope to see me Kassel.

How can I be taken to my hometown in a second?
How can I choose a commodity in a city and in the next second be there?
How can I repair my truck in a second? If is a Simulator, this is absurd.

I think ETS is not a arcade.

It makes no sense for me to be taken to my hometown just because I do not have a truck, every time. And in reality, this does not happen, because the next second I'm in a town 250km away from there starting another delivery of goods.

When I have a map instinctively look for my location, and I hope to see me in town where I finished the delivery, not in the city where my garage. I already know what my hometown. 8-)
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
DWVTLtd

#4 Post by DWVTLtd » 09 Oct 2013 15:41

He's got a point...

Christ it's so long ago (2 months...) I can't remember not having my own truck...:D.
n4gix

#5 Post by n4gix » 09 Oct 2013 18:32

Oh for heaven's sake! When you choose your next job, simply sort the job list by Origin, then select a new job only from jobs for whatever city you happen to be in at the moment!

It's not that complicated. I spent several weeks as a "Gypsy Driver" drifting from one job to the next until I had managed to visit (Discover) every city on the map.

Example: I choose a job in Bremen, and deliver to Berlin. Now I look for all jobs IN BERLIN, and pick one that looks interesting, and perhaps goes to a city I haven't been to before.

I find one from Berlin to Geneva.
Geneva to London
London to Poznan

etc. Eventually, after visiting every city on the map, I saw that I'd earned over 740,000 Euros. Now I could buy garages and trucks without taking out a loan from the "Bank..." :lol:

How you choose to 'play' is entirely up to you, but this is a way that will avoid 'teleportation.'
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
ohaha

#6 Post by ohaha » 09 Oct 2013 18:49

Theosz wrote: If I finished a delivery in Kassel, with a truck or not, when I look at the map, I hope to see me Kassel.

How can I be taken to my hometown in a second?
How can I choose a commodity in a city and in the next second be there?
How can I repair my truck in a second? If is a Simulator, this is absurd.

I think ETS is not a arcade.

It makes no sense for me to be taken to my hometown just because I do not have a truck, every time. And in reality, this does not happen, because the next second I'm in a town 250km away from there starting another delivery of goods.

When I have a map instinctively look for my location, and I hope to see me in town where I finished the delivery, not in the city where my garage. I already know what my hometown. 8-)
OK, I see you are insisting:

If this was real life and you'd be a driver, would you just go deliver something for a company that doesn't want its truck and trailer returned?
Would you consider driving 2000 km, from one end to the other of Europe, just to find yourself stuck there, because the delivery was one way?

This doesn't happen IRL.
Companies send and bring back their trucks and trailers. And drivers!
So, let's stop exaggerating and accept that this is a compromise made for the beginner (who has no money and no possibility to buy a truck) to get him or her started with the game. Or for those of us who don't feel like bothering with the company management and just want to experience the pleasure and challenge of driving a truck.
Why is that so hard to accept?
If you want full simulation, where you can go back and forth, deliver goods between locations, sleep in your truck etc. buy a truck and start doing just that! And you can ignore those quick jobs completely, if you don't like the un-realistic telport feature.

Also, don't forget to check this reply.

Cheers!
Retired, but still loving it.
Max
SCS Software

#7 Post by Max » 10 Oct 2013 09:01

this is not a bug, it has been designed so.
write any note about this issue to suggestion section (like here, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53700 ), please.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

Return to “Bugs 1.5.2”