mini lags / freezes

Cadde

Re: mini lags / freezes

#11 Post by Cadde » 22 Oct 2013 09:01

Here's a scenario for you...

"I was outside yesterday and it was all sunny and warm, but today it's raining... I didn't see any clouds on the horizon yesterday so how?"

What you don't see is what's going to get you. Sometimes things happen without you knowing about it.

As always, not saying this is the case but it's possible. Though you are not the only one who have experienced issues with this.
That said, plenty of other people have no issues at all.

Thus, i conclude it's something specific to your (and the others) setups that does it. And to find it I would have to have first hand experience with it.
Now we are left with having to figure out what differs between your system and those that doesn't have any issues.

EDIT:

Or a SCS dev that remembers something about a change in the way the game autosaves that is a precursor to the issues described and are able to tell us what may be the cause on certain systems. (Hint, Max)

And a question, have you linked your profile to WoT?
On extended hiatus.
MartasZLA

#12 Post by MartasZLA » 22 Oct 2013 09:27

Yes I connected the game with WoTr. It also occurred to me that it will be the connection. That's why I tried to play offline and it did not help. As I have already written enough to add an option to disable autosave.
Max
SCS Software

#13 Post by Max » 23 Oct 2013 08:20

Cadde wrote:Or a SCS dev that remembers something about a change in the way the game autosaves that is a precursor to the issues described and are able to tell us what may be the cause on certain systems.
the safe just gradually becomes too large and cloning of game info for save (writing itself is asynchronous so that is not problem) takes measurable time on some machines.
fact is that in save is whole economy state, this means all your trucks, garages and drivers with their logs, all existing job offers and past career info. and this goes even worse if you have some big map mod with many explored cities and played that for many months.
we can lower autosave frequency (or even add disable option) but i'm afraid that with amount of broken mods in the air many people would be much more angry for lost progress with that "improvement".
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Reinhard

#14 Post by Reinhard » 23 Oct 2013 08:30

Then it should be easy to check for everyone if the reason of freezes is simply data size. Just create a new profile, use it without any mods and see if these lags will still occur - or not.

Max, a setting for the interval of auto-saves would be nice, and if only was a value in an SII file. I'd like to increase the number of saves. :D
Cadde

#15 Post by Cadde » 23 Oct 2013 10:24

Max wrote:the safe just gradually becomes too large *snip*
Ah shoot, too bad i deleted my old profile then (I got tired of it, too easy and wanted a fresh harder start ;)) so i don't know how big that one but it was around 70% discovered with stock and Promods. (No DLC, getting that when i get money)

Thanks for the info Max.

LE: Failed quote tags.
Last edited by Cadde on 24 Oct 2013 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
On extended hiatus.
MartasZLA

#16 Post by MartasZLA » 24 Oct 2013 09:45

If the game was the ability to disable autosave certainly would not be the only one who was glad for that. Most games this feature is added to the setting. Jinak Maxi musím říct že jinak je hra fakt parádní a moc doufám že se pár DLC ještě dočkáme:)
MartasZLA

#17 Post by MartasZLA » 24 Oct 2013 11:54

Max wrote:the safe just gradually becomes too large and cloning of game info for save (writing itself is asynchronous so that is not problem) takes measurable time on some machines.

Tested, a new profile is functional without freezing the automatic saving. I really saves much data and it causes freezing. I have 154 drivers in the service.

Return to “Bugs 1.6.1”