Undiscoverable Road

zBobG

Undiscoverable Road

#1 Post by zBobG » 20 Oct 2013 19:25

Undiscoverable road
[ external image ]
Cannot mark road ; [19/10/2013 23:57] (sec+0010+0001);41248.3;134.879;7013.12

This is a parking area at a monument north of Kosice in the DLC.

It is impossible to mark a small piece of road as discovered that forms the entrance to the parking lot. No matter how many times I drive into the parking lot a small piece of road (the red piece) is never marked as discovered.

The minimap is falsely colored to emphasize the problem piece of road. Discovered road is marked in grey, undiscovered road is marked in red. You should see a small piece of road marked in red at the end of the entrance road just at the entrance to the parking lot.

This is not a big deal except that it prevents me from obtaining 100% discovered roads.
Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: Undiscoverable Road

#2 Post by Flemming V » 21 Oct 2013 06:46

Strange, I have the DLC 100%, So I can't test it for you.
BHS

#3 Post by BHS » 21 Oct 2013 13:03

I have this stretch of road discovered. Including the parking lot.

Do you use a map mod that could have conflicting road IDs ? (shouldn't be possible if you're running latest game version).

Regards,
BHS
zBobG

#4 Post by zBobG » 21 Oct 2013 17:23

As you can see even the parking lot itself is never discovered (turned yellow). The parking lot does not show grey either indicating that it even can be discovered. Should it?

When Steam installed the DLC I had to remove the TSM 4.0 Map (before I ran the DLC for the first time) and revert back to a 1.4.12 version of a vanilla ETS2 profile with 100% discovered. The ETS2 Map had been upgraded to a 1.6 version before installing the DLC but never run under the 1.6 version.

Currently I have only the vanilla ETS2 and DLC installed.

After reverting to a 1.4.12 profile the discovered roads within the original ETS2 map did seem somewhat strange. There were bits and pieces of road within the original ETS2 map that were marked as not discovered that were not part of the DLC and bits and pieces on the DLC marked as discovered even though I hadn't driven any of the DLC. I thought this was merely just changes in the original map as well as changes in the IDs of road pieces.

I suppose that the problem comes from using the 1.4.12 profile after installing the DLC.

I just hate to have to start over being at level 53 now, maybe I won't.

I guess the thing to do is start a new profile then go there and see what happens.
Last edited by zBobG on 21 Oct 2013 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
ohaha

#5 Post by ohaha » 21 Oct 2013 18:53

I don't see the parking lot on the map, only the Sleeping Area icon, but the road is no problem.
Retired, but still loving it.
GearJammer55

#6 Post by GearJammer55 » 21 Oct 2013 21:37

I seem to remember this stretch of road having problems when ProMods Scandinavia was first installed with the DLC. Something concerning node numbers I believe, which led to the plane monument floating above ground. Haven't been there since, but when I do, I'll check it out, both with vanilla DLC, and with ProMods installed.........
ProMods Developer
zBobG

#7 Post by zBobG » 22 Oct 2013 06:09

GearJammer55 wrote:I seem to remember this stretch of road having problems when ProMods Scandinavia was first installed with the DLC.
That's true but it had to do with ProMods having rewritten a terrain configuration file. Why they did that and what it accomplished I don't know. Have they fixed it in the latest update? I don't know.

I have found my problem with not having 100% discovered and fixed it... Read on if you like.

I literally spent all day working on this problem. I went all the way back to a 1.4.8 version of my Profile that had 100% discovered and had never had any add-on Maps ever installed so that the DLC would completely undriven. Going to that parking lot still left that one piece of road marked as undiscovered no matter how many times I drove over that spot. This remains a puzzle, but as you may find if you continue reading, this was not the reason I could not get 100% discovered.

I then restored my latest Profile and proceeded to do an exhaustive search of all the roads for undiscovered pieces. I did find a parking lot at the Europort in Rotterdam that I'm sure I've been in but it was not marked as discovered. That was easy but it was not the problem, parking lots are apparently not necessary for 100% discovered.

Some time later I found the actual problem. You will know that most roads are marked when driving one direction only, it's not necessary to drive both sides. There are some roads and bridges that are separated and must be drive in both directions to be marked as 100% discovered. There is a bridge about 50 Km east of Poznan, sitting directly under the "A2" road marker, that must be driven east and west to be fully marked as discovered. During my search I finally found that I hadn't driven the west direction on that bridge so it wasn't marked as discovered. That particular piece of road was VERY hard to see since it was obscured by the "A2" marker. Doing that road piece finally got me my coveted 100% discovered! Yay! Yes, it's a little bit obsessive/compulsive.

Thank you all for your patience, sorry for all the excitement. Still, that small piece of road at the parking lot remains.
ohaha

#8 Post by ohaha » 22 Oct 2013 06:15

Glad you made it! :D
The road is no problem in my game - it got discovered normally, but I did report the missing parking lot from the map.
Thanks!
Retired, but still loving it.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#9 Post by Flemming V » 22 Oct 2013 06:17

I actually also missed that piece of road as on of the last ones before 100%..
Welcome in the 100% club.
n4gix

#10 Post by n4gix » 22 Oct 2013 18:08

zBobG wrote: That's true but it had to do with ProMods having rewritten a terrain configuration file. Why they did that and what it accomplished I don't know. Have they fixed it in the latest update? I don't know.
Since there has been no "latest update," the answer is no, it has not been fixed.

One can of course "unlock" ProMod map and remove the terrain configuration file... ;)
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)

Return to “Bugs 1.6.1”