Suggestion "Small and quick" WOT events (Rotating events, one event active all the time)

Trenero

Suggestion "Small and quick" WOT events (Rotating events, one event active all the time)

#1 Post by Trenero » 24 Sep 2021 18:15

Hello, I would like to make a suggestion about the WOT events.

The big WOT events are extremly great, but you don't have an active event to do every time you want to do something diferent in WOT, sometimes because there aren't any event at that time active, other because you don't have the DLC or even the game. (for players that only play in one of the games.)

Thats why I would like to suggest the addition of a smaller periodically rotated events, something that garanted that you will have an WOT event active for you all the time.
You don't need many diferent ones because will pass some time till the next time the event will repeat, that manner there will be at least one small event active for each game all the time.

Let me explain more about my idea:

This kind of events should be easy to do for the players with small duration and objetives, like for example only three/five deliveries and the distance of the work don't matter and with the event active for at least 15 days (maybe more but less than 1 month) before the rotation.(Not every body has a lot of time to play).

The events don't need a very special cause or timing, they should be things that can be done anytime in the year, and for that type of events it shouldn't matter if you have DLC because they will not requiere specific cities to pick the cargo from or deliver, soo everybody can play it and do event deliveries all over the map( Like the Covid19 Vaccines for example).

The event trailers will only appear when the event is active so if you want haul and take some pictures you should play while the event is on but maybe is good to keep the trailers in the vehicle explorer so the players can see them when they want.

With that kind of events everybody should be able to finish the event and get the achievemt(You can achieve it more than once, because the events will repeat after some time).
You don't have to model new reward objects or paintjobs (and if you do, you don't need to do a new ones each time the event repeats) I think the achievement are enough because I in my opinion in this kind of small events the people will play to haul the event trailers and take pictures, or simply to haul something different than the usual cargos and have fun.

Although the events will be the same for both games, that doesn't mean that will be active for both games at the same time, in fact to give more variety to the game i recomend activate diferent events on each game soo the players that have both games don't get bored of the same event cargo in both (for example while in ETS2 is the Concert event in ATS is the Circus one).

As optional thing maybe for that type of events the pickup and delivery zones should be in neutral places outside any company prefab to avoid search for justifications to deliver in one company or in the other, something like deliver to the midle of X street or one parking lot outside the prefabs.(And the zones could be the same for all events)
So the justification of that is to wait until you have permision to enter where the thing you are haullin is needed.(but your work end in that parking spot)

Finally with that type of events everybody should have at least one event for each game active no mather the date, or if other events are active.

Thinking about posible tematics for that type events i have this ideas for posible events, that can be used simultaneosly in ETS2 and ATS:
  • Circus: A circus hired you to move arround their trailers while they are on Tour.
    The objective is to move the trailers from one destination to the other. Since this days animals in Circus are forbiden in some places, the trailers for this event could be standar dryboxes or tautliners but with a Special circus paintjob(Maybe SCS circus to avoid rights), gensets trailers, or even motorhomes semis for the artist to live in, some examples:
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
  • Art transport: A special piece of art piece will make a world tour and your hired to move it around, i was thinking in an big sculpture to be able to move it in platforms and lowloaders so you can see it or at least their form if is covered by some protective tarp, but you also can chosse paintings and move it around in standar refrigerated trailers with some museum paintjob.(But I think i would be nice the big sculpture, some examples:
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
  • Fair Atractions: You are hired to move the trailers with the atractions from fair to fair, for this I think you will need to model some kind off atraccion trailer (you can use the already in game plataforms as base for that or the big potato event trailer, even more maybe you can do a standar atraction trailer that fit both ATS and ETS2 changing only the wheels, the lights on the back and plates and in this event you can also use the motorhome semitrailer for the people who work in the fair to live in(like the one on the circus event), and genset semis too, some examples:
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
  • Concert: You are hired to move around the Semitrailer with the mobile stage for the Tour of a music Band (SCS metal band for example?) for this you would need a mobile stage semitrailer, and big screens semitrailers, maybe with the paintjob of the music band, examples:
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
  • Motorsport event: you are hired to transport the trailers of an motorsport competition durind a short season.(SCS cup maybe)
    For this event you can reuse the Big Screen semitrailers from the concert event, the motorhome semitrailers where the teams has meatings and add new racecar carrier/workshop trailer. examples:
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
  • Cycling grand Tour: I was thinking in and itinerant sport event like a cycling tour, you was hired by the organizator to move their trailers from the finish of one day to the start line of the next day.
    For this event you should need standar tautliners painted with special liveries of the event(to carry things like fences, banners...)and motorhome semitrailers for the press on the finish line, the big screen semitrailier, and mobile stage semi for the podium and the start presentation in the start line. some examples (From trailers of "La vuelta España", Giro and Tour use similar trailers)
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]
  • Police/Fire/Ambulances: The Police(for example) are renewing their fleet of vehicles (buying new ones or leasing new ones, if leasing the trips can be returning the old ones), you need to haul the newer models to the police stations, this is simplier car transporters loaded with police cars, (or ambulances, or fire trucks), example:
    [ external image ]
    [ external image ]

There are probably more easy events to do, like only include especial paintjobs or even only special cargos for trailers currently in game but these are the ideas that came to my mind, maybe other people can help with more ideas for that kind of "small and quick" events that would need less model work.

What do you think about that?
Any ideas for other quick events?

Greetings and keep it improving the game.

PD:sorry for my English
Last edited by Trenero on 25 Sep 2021 00:56, edited 4 times in total.
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Suggestion "Small and quick" WOT events (Rotating events, one event active all the time)

#2 Post by Madkine » 24 Sep 2021 21:19

The idea of rotating mini events is interesting, but for it to be feasible, it needs to be limited to WoT changes and not require a game update.
Having event specific trailers requires the game to be updated each time an event switches which means there's no way that SCS would do this.
The same goes for adding additional delivery points to the game. (Though this could be done as a one off.)

So unfortunately the primary ideas you posted are not in fact easy.

Think about it some more and see what you can come up with that doesn't involve changing anything in the games themselves.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Trenero

Re: Suggestion "Small and quick" WOT events (Rotating events, one event active all the time)

#3 Post by Trenero » 24 Sep 2021 23:40

I was thinking in include all the trailers, drop and pick up points (pick up and drop zones will be the same for all events if they choose to include specific zones for that type of events) in the same update when they are ready.
Later with all the trailers in game, if currently the WOT server has the autority to make the game display only trailers of current active WOT events in game and hide the others i don't see any problem in the implementation of that kind of small events, the game will only display you the trailer for the current active events.
These type of events aren't intended to be a marketing tool for a brand or nothing linked to events in the real world, the models will be generic SCS ones that doesn't infring copyright of a thirth party, soo I don't see any problem for the models to stay in game all the time.

If the WOT server doesn't have enough autority in game to do that, I think that currently they do one big update every 3 months, so they can include the trailers and the preprogramed events for the next 3 months in that update, the events are not linked with any real world event they can program an forget until the next 3 moths.(An since the events are rotating they can program the same events rotating for example for the next 4-5 months to have events to cover the case if they have delays with next the big update and it will take them more than 3 months, so the events still going)
For example for a 3 moths period if they choose to rotate the events every 15 days they will need to include the trailers for 6 different events, but if they rotate every 18 days they will need 5, for 22/23 days they need 4, and for monthly rotations 3 only.

Honestly I don't know how WOT and his autority in game works currently, but I'm sure that they can find the way to implement that kind of "small and quick" events not paired with real world events, allowing them to have a WOT event active for each game ever.

And to avoid excesive 3d modeling work, maybe they should do only the events where they can reuse the trailers already in game, with a specific event cargo (like the sculpture event) or with a special paintjob for the event.(like logistics of an sport or cultural event using normal semitrailers) but I think the idea is more interesting if the trailers are at least a bit different to the current in game ones, will make the event more special.

Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 25 Sep 2021 01:56

The way it works, is for a trailer to be added or removed requires a game update. Even with a 3 month set, all of the trailers would be available for the 3 month period.
So if it's not an event that uses the already existing trailers as they are, then these mini events won't happen.

For this suggestion to have any chance of being implemented, it needs to be changes to WoT only and not game changes.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Trenero

#5 Post by Trenero » 25 Sep 2021 16:50

Hello, by your comments i think that you have knowledge on how WOT server and the game interacts currently, so correct me if i'm wrong.
Currently the WOT server doesn't have any authority to be able to hide trailers already in game or make them only available in WOT jobs or at any specific time.(Is that the case?)
If that is the current situation I can only figure two ways of solve the problems:

-Make changes in way the WOT server works and interacts with the game, but that solution is the most difficult because probably requires to re-do the core of the game and the server, that is too much work and risk of potential problems with other things that now works well, so I discard this option.

-The other solution, is to some way fake that autority and interation with WOT servers, but I don't know if that is doable, let me explain my idea:
Load all the trailers that the future events will need in one of the big updates, so all the necesary trailers will be on game.
In the trailers files put a script that make the trailers be shown only in WOT jobs, and here are the tricky part, for each trailer you will need to make some kind of personalized script that ask WOT server for their server date and time.
If WOT are not conected and the game doesn't recibe answer from WOT server the trailer can be shown in game an remain hiden.
If the WOT server answer with the date, the game should compare it to the preprogram dates for the trailer to appear in game. if is in range the trailer will appear in WOT job, if is out of range the trailer remain hidden.
That way an since the events will be rotating in a fixed period of time, you could preprogram the script with the dates the trailer must be visible, for each trailer the dates should be diferent.
Once you have all the script you can program the dates on WOT server and if you do it correctly the WOT server events and trailers shown in game should coincide.

Or maybe it requieres less cycles and be easier with counters, all the counters(something that count days from WOT date as reference) should start the same WOT server day and start counting days.
You can program the script on each trailer to appear each X days and make the scripts on the trailer to start count from different negative values to compensate de days should pass until they will be needed in game or to count until diferent numbers(and maybe that can cause less trouble than the negative values idea).Once the counter reached the asked value the trailer is not longer hidden and start other counter for the event, when the days of the event are reached the loop will reset and restart counting from the beggining.

And I was thinking that maybe the scripts should be independent from the trailers files something in the game files that only executes when the game launches, update the variables values and stop, because we only need to make the check once per day.

Edit:i'm thinking more and probably you will only need one counter to update the variable when you launch the game and in the code of each trailer put a script with a conditional something like, If (X+Y)<=counter_value set trailer to true if not set trailer to false.
Being "Y" the days the events will last and X a personaliced value diferent for each trailer.
And once the counter reach the days you calculated the events will last, should restart from the begining to restart the cycle of events.

I don't know if any of this solutions could help the possible problems of that kind of events

Madkine
Global moderator

#6 Post by Madkine » 26 Sep 2021 00:12

Hmm, may be possible. From here we just see if SCS looks at it and does anything with it.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Trenero

#7 Post by Trenero » 26 Sep 2021 00:40

Yes off course, I made the suggestion of the idea, now the ball is in their roof.

But meanwhile if anybody want to add more possible events for this "Small and quick WOT events" or expand even more de idea, is free to contribute adding their ideas.

bobgrey1997

#8 Post by bobgrey1997 » 26 Sep 2021 01:00

Madkine wrote: 24 Sep 2021 21:19 The idea of rotating mini events is interesting, but for it to be feasible, it needs to be limited to WoT changes and not require a game update.
Having event specific trailers requires the game to be updated each time an event switches which means there's no way that SCS would do this.
The same goes for adding additional delivery points to the game. (Though this could be done as a one off.)

So unfortunately the primary ideas you posted are not in fact easy.

Think about it some more and see what you can come up with that doesn't involve changing anything in the games themselves.
Random idea regarding the trailers!
What if the trailers are left in the game files, but are coded to only be suitable for specific types of WOT jobs? This way, once the servers are updated to host new jobs, and the game reads that, it would only assign the specific pre-existing trailers.
This way, they will always be visible in the vehicle explorer thing, but would still in a way be event-specific.
This, however, would also make it so modders could add tyese to the normal jobs as well, but maybe that's an acceptable cost to this solution?
Trenero

#9 Post by Trenero » 26 Sep 2021 02:04

If the trailers are unbranded I don't see any problems with modders adding this to normal jobs, SCS can forbide that type of mods in the steam workshop if they want, but probably they don't do it
because if you think about that, why bother with mods when the trailers will be available in game other time in a few weeks? And meanwhile you can haul other trailer from a different small event.
bobgrey1997

#10 Post by bobgrey1997 » 26 Sep 2021 02:09

I don't think it'd be a legal issue. It would be more of an issue with their purpose. One of the main reasons for these events, it seems, would be to give the players something interesting to haul for a while. If a mod adds them to normal jobs, they are no longer interesting, and are now just normal. Off course, one could always just not use the mod.

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS”